Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jefferson 500 Vintage race at Summit Point? who's in?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 06:05 PM
d15b7
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Jefferson 500 Vintage race at Summit Point? who's in?

I'll be there with my Lotus Super Seven; battling the 914-6s, and other Loti, and of course the Ginettas. plus a hoard of others!

The 2013 Jefferson 500 at Summit Point is rapidly approaching. On May 16th – 19th, Bill Scott Racing and VRG are hosting the Jefferson 500 with a racing school on Wednesday, a free test day on Thursday if registered by April 15th ($250 value) and a great racing schedule on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The schedule is an exciting mix of sprint races, featured car races and enduros. With over 200 vintage cars on track, the Jefferson 500 is a marquee event on the 2013 vintage racing schedule.

MG Focus Event
This year our featured event will be the MG Racers who will be holding their 2013 Focus event. This is generally regarded as the largest gathering of MG vintage race cars in the country. Don't miss this opportunity to enjoy the MG Focus Event festivities and take part in the great racing action!

IMSA RS / SCCA 2.5 Challenge Reunion Race
The IMSA RS / SCCA 2.5 Challenge Reunion race will be making a return this year. If you race a Datsun 510, BMW 2002, Alfa GTV, Ford Pinto, etc. don't miss this opportunity to be the small sedan king of the road during this Friday feature race.

From a spectator perspective, several vintage car clubs will be participating as part of the Saturday car show. Last year this show had over 175 cars and this year they are expecting well over 200.

Social activities will include a track walk to benefit The Wounded Warriors 5:45 – 6:45pm Friday evening. And on Saturday evening, Brian Redman will entertain all the participants at the Jefferson 500 dinner. Two dinner tickets are included with early and regular entry.

To register or find out more information on the Jefferson 500, visit

http://www.vrgonline.org/events/

Todd
ReidSpeed
Old 04-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Awesome event. I have been unable to attend the past few years, but hope to be back soon. Just good old fashioned race weekend with wonderful cars! Brian Redman and crew do a great job.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 138 Posts

It's been years since I ran this event. Will never forget Brian Redman, Hurley Haywood, and Bobby Rahal telling stories at the dinner. Still remember Brian Redman's story about his first trip in the 917K at Spa, in the rain. Also when I was checking out the Brumos 914's and a tall gentleman starts telling me all about the cars. Found out later that gentleman was Bob Snodgrass. Then there was getting lapped by Hurley on the last lap of the Eifel Race while I was running in 7th or 8th place. And of course reaching for a beer out of the tub at the dinner and having Bobby Rahal ask me if I was having fun that weekend.

If you are on the fence about going, do it.

Quick Reply: Jefferson 500 Vintage race at Summit Point? who's in?