Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's that time of year again!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

What do you know about E cars or stock class sheesh.....haha.

if its faster than me whatever he has different i want illegal, including the driver.

i like the idea of safety on the window and the ever loved seat removal, not sure how its any different than removing the back "seats"...i mean interior though i still have mine.
or for that matter deleting the sunroof in sunroof cars.....mine still works as well, guess its an extra escape hatch.

i could go either way on the remote res....mainly cause i cant afford them....

and 15s dont work eveyone should run 22-30in spinners
Old 04-09-2013, 06:51 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Remote reservoir shocks should be allowed as long as I can put a 964 power steering rack in.
The passenger seat requirement should be tossed in the name of safety. How can you argue against that?
Old 04-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

You're right Doug, and it's not just remote but adjustable shocks that need to be addressed. Reid has a good idea, allow them and give them the choice of a weight penalty or class upgrade. As for the 15's, I fought against it as it was a performance gain due to the recently introduced 275/35 tires that in essence gave you a R&P change. It was poo-pood so I (and others) switched to 15's. I understand that 15's were a stock wheel so there is only so much crying I could do.

Originally Posted by flatsics
So is the problem just the remote reservoir? Adjustable shocks? Expensive shocks?
Too me, it is not a well thought out argument against Remote Res. adjustable shocks.

You can have adjustable shocks without the remote reservoir.

Cost? Really....
So hoosier comes out with a 275/35/15(not a size available on any stock porche;-) and everybody runs out gets custom 15" wheels made. That change was inexpensive.

Stock cars came withe rubber suspension bushings, non slotted rotors,soft torsion bars/springs,4x4 ride height,mufflers/cats,ect....there is not much stock about our stock class race cars.

Just because you have adjustable shock does not guarantee any performance advantage.
They have to be adjusted right, I would argue that they are a wash for most people and actually detriment for some.

For the majority of people a set of bilsteins valved by a top shop would be a much better choice.

I'm not trying to say that adjustable shocks aren't a performance advantage-- they can be in the right hands, but they are a bit over hyped in terms of performance gain.

If you put on adjustable shocks and pick up 2-3 seconds , then you had a pretty crap set up on the car before the change.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:15 AM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
You're right Doug, and it's not just remote but adjustable shocks that need to be addressed. Reid has a good idea, allow them and give them the choice of a weight penalty or class upgrade. As for the 15's, I fought against it as it was a performance gain due to the recently introduced 275/35 tires that in essence gave you a R&P change. It was poo-pood so I (and others) switched to 15's. I understand that 15's were a stock wheel so there is only so much crying I could do.
I do wholeheartedly agree with you about the passenger seat rule. I can't think of one logical reason why a passenger seat should be required. There are several reasons why it should be removed.

BTW, M030 944's-968's did come from the factory with rebound adjustable Koni shocks/struts.
So once again, its the damn water pumpers fault.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

10 days left to submit: crrules@pca.org

I got the new CR News today. Looks like the GT class R vs S tire rule is getting a look this year.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:58 AM
pnorwood
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
PCA Club Racing - Rules suggestions for rules revisions and changes for 2014. The period of submission is April 1st - June 1st. Suggestions may be sent to crrules@pca.org

I'll keep trying....

I submit that, for Stock Class cars, the removal of the passenger seat is allowed. From a "Stock" standpoint, none of the cars running in the "Stock Classes" are showroom stock. All cars must make weight, it offers NO competitive advantage. What it does offer is better safety. Egress out the passenger side is faster without a seat to climb over. In a very bad situation it's one less thing to both burn and be bent over to block egress. Rear and right rear quarter vision is greatly improved.
How about setting up a Poll? A bunch of us keep submitting the same thing, but nothing changes. I have not met one person who wants a right passenger seat in Stock/Prepared classes. However, when I asked about our submission, the response I got was "We got your inquiry, but that doesn't mean we are going to change anything". Sort of thinking the organization is not listening to its customers...
Old 05-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Every club has it's "good ol boys"....
Old 05-21-2013, 09:33 AM
dgmark
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 50 Posts

I just want the room it gives you with the seat removed. My cool suit chest barley fits on the passenger side floor and is a pain to get in and out and I have my fire bottle behind the seat. I would love to reposition them to make them easy to service. I have not had someone in my right seat for two years
Old 05-21-2013, 10:31 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dgmark
I just want the room it gives you with the seat removed. My cool suit chest barley fits on the passenger side floor and is a pain to get in and out and I have my fire bottle behind the seat. I would love to reposition them to make them easy to service. I have not had someone in my right seat for two years
YES. I have the same issues with the CS and FB. I would like to move the CS to where the seat is for easier servicing and mount my fire bottle in the back seat area. With the seat and cage I can't get a hand back there.

Have I mentioned the vent window? The seat and the vent are both big time safety issues. "I'm stuck and I can't get out."
Old 05-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pnorwood
How about setting up a Poll? A bunch of us keep submitting the same thing, but nothing changes. I have not met one person who wants a right passenger seat in Stock/Prepared classes. However, when I asked about our submission, the response I got was "We got your inquiry, but that doesn't mean we are going to change anything". Sort of thinking the organization is not listening to its customers...
+1

Quick Reply: It's that time of year again!