Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It's a team sport, remember?

"Alonso is faster than you" ...
Old 03-24-2013, 03:55 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Following an angry confrontation with Webber before a grim-faced podium ceremony, Vettel told reporters in the post-race press conference: "'I should have behaved today. I made a big mistake.
"It's not a victory I am proud of. It should have been Mark's."

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sp...#ixzz2OU85x4S1
Old 03-24-2013, 03:56 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 515 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc

Matchett kept harping on that "its a team sport" idea. But in the end, they do not rate drivers on how many constructors races or championships they won, its about how many races and championships the DRIVER won.

Can you imagine Kimi being told to stay back and not pass?? he would probably stop, park the car on track, and tell the team to come get it... and I would applaud him for that.

Nico should have done what Vettel did...ignore team orders and get on the podium.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 03-24-2013, 04:48 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

It IS a team sport. The Constructor's Championship takes precedence over the Driver's Championship.

Besides, when it comes to team orders and its effect on Formula 1, you need look no further than Maranello. They wrote the book.

Granted, they were too busy to bother reading the book on 'team strategy' or '101 ways to fail in F1'
Never a dull moment with the Maranello Stooges.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:54 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
The broadcast stated that the team was waiting with new tires (dry) and a new nose when Alonso drove past pit entrance.

Was he ordered to Box, or did the team tell him to stay out until it dried out a bit or until Charlie Whiting black flagged him?
It's only 2 races in ... you can expect more "team strategy" from Ferrari
Good race. I am happy for Massa. It was very funny Alonso threw away his performance by ignoring Team orders and common sense. For somebody that is touted as the best driver his actions remind me of something a teenaged girl would do do show who was boss. Fredika, it is all about finishing the race, not ignoring the team. If I were Whiting I would hit him with a few Grid spot penalty to reinforce the rules.

Vettel made a good drive but made an *** of himself. Hamilton gave heart felt comments about finishing ahead of Nico. He chose to help heal rather than what Vettel did. It is a team sport and based from what I saw the drivers at Mercedes get it. Red Bull not so much.

The broadcast is coming along nicely. Diffey needs to stay in Indy car.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:00 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WDC
Vettel 3
Webber 0

Not obeying team orders may be frowned upon but, WDCs are wired at their core to WIN. Vettel is the faster driver and Webber has no chance of winning a title. Why should he sacrifice points?
What would Alonso have done?
Lewis' comments on the podium were classy. Nico was robbed by Brawn.
Kimi had a miserable race. I expected him to finish 5th or above. Like Bob (naroescape), I think there would have a whole lot Bleep-Bleep-Bleeping going on over the TV if he were asked to stop racing during a race.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:21 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Alonso would have cut the seal on Massa's gearbox ... oh wait, that's been done.
Alonso would have blackmailed the team ... oh wait, same thing
Alonso would have waited for Massa to intentionally crash ... never mind.

Webber blew his chance at a WDC in Korea, likely due to the conditions and his broken shoulder. Too bad, but that was probably his one and only shot at a WDC.

Vettel disobeyed team orders. He will be spoken to, probably by Marko and Horner. The chemistry between him and Webber was terrible to begin with, it can't get any worse ... oh wait, Turkey 2010, never mind.

Domenicali has taken full responsibilty for the "decision" ... I am sure at the end of the season, if DV once again fails to win a WDC with Ferrari, the story about the DNF, who was to blame, and if it didn't happen ...
Old 03-24-2013, 05:27 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Domenicali has taken full responsibility for the "decision" ..." Talk about CYalonsoA! The team was waiting in the pits for her to come in. She rolled the dice, broke FIA rules and Dememicali take the blame? OMG!
What do you want to bet DV gets no penalty for blatantly disobeying the rule about coming in if something is dragging?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:17 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys are seriously PATHETIC. Alonso was out after one lap and all you do is bash him.

Who cares about, Alonso today he f'ed up period.

What you refuse to acknowledge is that "team orders" exist every where, Red Bull implemented them today and so did Mercedes. FACT.

Vettel is a little BITCH - Fact!

Get over it.

The only thing disappointing for me today was while the top four were implementing "team orders" Kimi and Massa were not closer and more competitive to steal the show!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:01 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

One could say that following Alonso makes on an expert at recognizing a Lil Bitch.

But based upon Seb's actions today Stevie Wonder could recognize the Bitch a mile away.

However, Alonso has brought all the scorn upon himself as he, a multiWDC and Arguably the best driver out there, made a mistake Sato would have not made. You do not like Alonso being criticized, tell him to pull his head out. I would expect the move from somebody like Chilton. Not a Vet.
Ferrari is trying to say that they told him to stay out. But the Regs say if you have a piece hanging off the car pit and remove it. Also Will Buxton pointed out that Ferrari was ready instantly to fix the wing.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106346
Old 03-24-2013, 07:26 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Dear Alonso Athletic Supporters,
Fear not.
Alonso is still going to win the 2013 WDC ... trust me.
This is nothing, soon to be forgotten.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:27 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by agdamis

The only thing disappointing for me today was while the top four were implementing "team orders" Kimi and Massa were not closer and more competitive to steal the show!
I am sure if Massa became competitive, Rob Smedley would have been ordered to get on the radio and inform Massa....

Alonso is in the garage ... and he is still quicker ... do you understand
Old 03-24-2013, 07:32 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

1 Sebastian Vettel 40
2 Kimi Räikkönen 31
3 Mark Webber 26
4 Lewis Hamilton 25
5 Felipe Massa 22
6 Fernando Alonso 18
Old 03-24-2013, 07:43 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Vettel probably did the right thing in terms of the championship and the WDC and all of that.

I am sure he was thinking more about the guys in back of him, than the guy in front of him.

But I would preferred that he hung back and let Weber get one, even if the team said race it out. It would have been classy and show the whole team that as well. Weber finally had a good race, a good start, and good pits etc. So it was his day. It wasnt going to hurt him too much with Alonso out, Hammy back, and Kimi further back.

Of course I know the rule about beating your team mate first. But look at Nico today and he could have well have had the fastest car out there.
Actually this move might have been good for Hamilton. He was classy and even a bit humble.

On the other hand it would be a real "bitch" to later lose the WDC by a point , and have Weber be way back.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Boeing 717

Received 262 Likes on 158 Posts

Interesting Race!! I suppose Alonso is entitled to a mistake here and there, he makes so few. He took a gamble and lost but I understand why he did it. I dont know what to think of Sebs move. On one hand its a race and he doesnt want to lose, thats to be commended for any athlete in my opinion, on the other hand he just won 3 world champs and its early in the season... follow orders. I had given up on Massa but he is coming around and I hope he does well. Never been a Hamilton fan but he showed true class up there today!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Grand Prix of Malaysia