Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which paint protection film / clear bra for track?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:03 PM
UA911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which paint protection film / clear bra for track?

I am trying to determine which paint protection film to use on my recently purchased 2010 GT3 RS for the track. I have the black grey color with red accent decals. I think I am down between Prestige ClearGuard X, 3M Venture Shield and XPEL Ultimate.

I have read the manufacturers websites and as many related topic threads throughout Rennlist as I could find. It appears that 99% of all XPEL Ultimate purchasers are very satisfied and I found no negative comments on the other two products. However, there was not much discussion on which is better for a track car.

Does anyone have track experience or friends who do with either of these products on the track that they can share? Any comments on why you would use one of these over the other for track? Any installers want to chime in on product recommendations for the track? I know I need to find the best installer in my area (Birmingham, AL) to get the best results for any product. THANKS!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 PM
racing916
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 3M on some parts that see more abuse. I am no expert in installing and I find it to be a tedious process installing around curves. If I was to wrap my whole front I would have someone do it who does it often. The 3m is nice no issues, and it does a good job protecting the paint. I have never tried the other two.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Xpel Ultimate on my GT3 and love it. One year and 27 track days later it still looks good. I do clean the skid marks every now and then and it cleans up nice.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We used the 3m product on several cars with good results
Old 01-31-2013, 10:01 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Good Clear Bra Installer in Brimingham Alabama

Originally Posted by UA911
I am trying to determine which paint protection film to use on my recently purchased 2010 GT3 RS for the track. I have the black grey color with red accent decals. I think I am down between Prestige ClearGuard X, 3M Venture Shield and XPEL Ultimate.

I have read the manufacturers websites and as many related topic threads throughout Rennlist as I could find. It appears that 99% of all XPEL Ultimate purchasers are very satisfied and I found no negative comments on the other two products. However, there was not much discussion on which is better for a track car.

Does anyone have track experience or friends who do with either of these products on the track that they can share? Any comments on why you would use one of these over the other for track? Any installers want to chime in on product recommendations for the track? I know I need to find the best installer in my area (Birmingham, AL) to get the best results for any product. THANKS!!!
I would recommend calling up Donald Fazekas at Concours Detailing in Birmingham, AL. He is a good kid and a solid installer. He is factory certified by XPEL and he installs with XPEL Ultimate. His number is 334 315 8951.

Quick Reply: Which paint protection film / clear bra for track?