Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing Radio Headsets

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013 | 12:19 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Default Racing Radio Headsets

Just got my PCA license and I am setting my car with a PM400 radio and my crew will use the cp200 or xts5000 radio.

The big question is what headsets have you had good experience with. I have narrowed it down to the racing radios, racing electronics, or the motorola.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated (model number or description would be great)

Thank you
Old 01-14-2013 | 06:40 PM
nmercier853
Instructor

Racing Radios....
Old 01-14-2013 | 06:48 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

You've seen other comments in the other thread...

I have the a set-up from Racing Radios that's worked great for years. The PM400/CP200 radios are great and the headsets that they supply are comfortable and work very well. While I've never worn the headset for more then 2 hours, my pit crew have worn one for 4 hours straight in an enduro and been happy with the comfort.
Old 01-14-2013 | 09:53 PM
KNK123
Rennlist Member

From: Land of Fruits and Nuts, but the weather is perfect.

Was watching the NASCAR testing at Daytona on TV over the weekend and virtually all the spotters in the shot I saw were wearing Racing Electronics headsets, so I suspect they work well.

I just bought their RT006 headset but have not used it yet.

You can find some decent deals on eBay on this stuff.
Old 01-14-2013 | 10:46 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Thanks everyone
Old 01-16-2013 | 01:20 AM
Skypalace
Advanced

I have older Motorola radios, and a pair of Racing Radios headsets, and a pair of Motorola headsets I got off eBay. The Motorolas are the first headsets everyone wants to grab - more comfortable and sounds better.

When I have to ask a crew member to move their microphone closer to their lips so I can hear them, they're inevitably on one of the Racing Radios headsets. Can't remember which is worse, I have one with a metal boom mike and one with flex mike (the motorolas are both flex).

The Motorolas have also never needed any maintenance, I'm constantly having ear gels and such pop off the Racing Radios and get lost.

The only markings I see on the Motorolas are BDN6648C on the headband. I've had the Racing Radios about 10 or 11 years, and the Motorolas for 8 or 9 (I got them when I got two additional handsets a couple years after my original config).

Any future headsets I'll buy will be the Motorolas, if I can find them at a decent price. When I looked them up before buying on eBay, I recall their retail pricing being pretty significantly higher than the RR headsets.

The RR headsets are totally fine, it's not like they suck and don't do the job. They're just not as nice as the Motorolas I have.
Old 01-17-2013 | 01:41 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Thank you so much I appreciate the advice. Going with the motorola

Quick Reply: Racing Radio Headsets