Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Spec 911 race car (PRC-GTS)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 08:43 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 80 Posts
Default WTB: Spec 911 race car (PRC-GTS)

Cash buyer. Ideal car would be fully class legal for the PRC/NASA Spec 911 class (PRC-GTS). Rules: http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/P...-Challenge.pdf

Price depends on condition/equipment. I've got a line on a couple of local cars but thought I would throw this out here more publicly in case one of you is on the fence and needs a push. :-)

Contact me if you want to sell such a car.

Thanks!!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:31 AM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This one has been advertised around. No affiliation

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-race-car.html
Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 AM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey John, not sure if you've already done this or not, but I'd give Rich over at JWE a call. He'd probably know of any local cars on the market and their condition...

-mike
Old 01-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

that white car looks nice but I think you would have to swap out brakes, transmission, shocks, wheels, and maybe more to be spec legal
Old 01-09-2013, 01:39 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Given your location, I'm sure you've been in contact with Gamroth...?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:31 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 759 Likes on 383 Posts

Yes, for Spec 911 builds, Jerry Wood Enterprises and Rothsport are the two major players. Mat Lowrance at Reno Rennsport is another excellent builder.

I am sure that John is aware of these three.....

Scott
Old 01-09-2013, 07:58 PM
dsfnctn
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-race-car.html

Last edited by dsfnctn; 01-09-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:15 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the tips guys. Yes, I am aware of JWE, Gamroth and Mat Lowrance. They all have excellent reputations and their cars are beautiful. I'm not looking to have them build me one, however. Rather I'm trying to buy one that is already done. I have spoken with 5 different owners who are in various stages of being ready to sell (including Colin who owns the white car linked above).... so one of those may work out for me... but I just wanted to shake the tree here on RL to see if any more apples fall.

I may call the shops as well and ask the same question as you suggest... though I hate to waste too much of their time.

Anyone else selling?
Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts

Hey John:

Happy New Year to you and your family!

All of those guys are big supporters of Spec 911 and will be happy to speak with you. Let them know about your experience... well I am sure Rich already knows.

Looks like you are on the right track. I would suggest contacting Jeff as he may have a customer with an unadvertised car or one that might be dormant and can be persuaded to move it on to someone who will use it. Jeff and the guys up there are fantastic and they have a competitive rental Spec 911 that Bob M. has driven a few times if you want to get your hands dirty before the right car comes along. I am sure Bob can share his impressions if you'd like.

Mat is always good to call. You never know what is in his network in terms of cars and parts like engines and transmissions. And you know that Mat is extremely pragmatic when it comes to $$ versus performance. Well, that is a gross understatement. With his stuff, you are always highly leveraged in this way. His customers' cars and his son's car are very competitive, and as you know, one of his customers is in close touch with Ag this winter.

You just missed a Spec 911 at JWE. Craig W. bought it and will race this year. One of the JWE customers is Paul C. He is a great friend and racer and has a couple of Spec 911s (and a '12 Cup!). The latest Spec 911 from JWE is his newest, and his other Spec 911 is one of the earlier vintage JWE cars. I am not sure whether he is going to sell it. If not, it may be available for rent. Tom Van O. has driven it some I think. The JWE cars are stunning, but as you know, you don't have to spend $150k to be competitive in Spec 911. Those expensive cars include a lot of driver and shop preference stuff, like $$$$ worth of Motec dash/data acq stuff. These are "nice to have's," not must have's as you know.

Another thing I'd suggest is keeping your eyes open for 911s that are close to the Spec 911 trim and with modest work can get there quickly. Especially 3 liter cars with torsion bars, steel roofs and 15 or 16 inch wheels. This can increase your area under the curve significantly, especially if you and your buddies can perform the modest work. I know I am happy to help! These cars may be around the PCA and POC, and some of them may be dormant and ready to change hands. Toward this end, I might canvass some regional PCA contacts... I'd include contacts up and down the coasts and as far East as Sac and Reno. Perhaps even contact Tony M. in Vegas.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

- Mike
Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Thanks for your suggestions Mike. The new JWE cars are over my head financially. But I chatted with Rich briefly yesterday and will follow up with him again when we both have a bit more time. I also reached out to Mat, so hopefully we'll get a moment to chat as well.

I'll continue working all these various channels until the right deal emerges. There are already a couple of potential cars I need to go see in person as a next step.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:22 PM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Did you ever find your spec911? I am curious to hear how your search went. I am exploring the same avenue you did now beginning with the usual suspects, JWE etc., who I will have support the car.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:40 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 759 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by neuroguru
Did you ever find your spec911? I am curious to hear how your search went. I am exploring the same avenue you did now beginning with the usual suspects, JWE etc., who I will have support the car.
John bought a car and has been racing with the PRC over the last two seasons.

The first order of business is to sign up here:

http://www.prc-racing.com

I would then chat with Rich Walton at JWE since he will be in charge of supporting your car. Before you buy a car, at the very least you want to talk to Rich about it.

Scott
Old 11-02-2014, 01:58 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

^ +1
Old 12-01-2014, 04:11 PM
tahoelife
Racer

Default spec911

If you are serious I know of a car that has just been finished by JWE that has only seen three test days since. The guys at JWE will vouch for the car and its quality build. 530448196one is my cell John will also vouch for car. Sellers life got in way of getting "back on track"

Heath

Quick Reply: WTB: Spec 911 race car (PRC-GTS)