Sponsored by:

Moton Rebuild Recomendation

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 11:18 AM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Moton Rebuild Recomendation

I have 4 year old clubsports that are due for a rebuild (no leaks or failures just a lot of track time). One is set of mounting tangs on the front is broken off so one also needs a significant repair/replacemnt of the lower canister. I may also add quick disconnects for the two rear shocks.

I am looking for a quality shop with a good reputation that I can expect a proper rebuild in a reasonable amount of time.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:38 AM
certz
Three Wheelin'

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

I have not used them, but this shop was recommended to me for when I need mine rebuilt:

http://www.srpengineering.com/
Old 12-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or you can use Anze. Angelo Zarra was mentored by Joe Stimola (RIP) of SRP. They use to have their workshop together.

They have an outstanding service. I use them for my Penske.

http://www.anzesuspension.com/

c.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:14 PM
North Coast Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim,
I just got mine back from Moton directly and they did an awesome job. They put new stickers, bar coded them and provide all the dyno data.
Last year I had them rebuilt by SRP and I was equally satisified. James has kept SRP moving after his farthers passing and has a stellar reputation.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:23 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by North Coast Cab
Jim,
I just got mine back from Moton directly and they did an awesome job. They put new stickers, bar coded them and provide all the dyno data.
Last year I had them rebuilt by SRP and I was equally satisified. James has kept SRP moving after his farthers passing and has a stellar reputation.
Good to know... I haven't got Moton's on the 6GT3 yet but I am sure its only a matter of time...
Old 12-18-2012, 12:24 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I used Todd Thompson of TJT motorsports / Protrac racing shocks here in Ohio last year for my JRZ 3-ways. He services all the top brands and goes way back to when all of these now split companies (moton, JRZ, etc) were a single company.

I had a seal go bad in a big way on my left front and only had 2 weeks before my next track event and he turned them around very quickly, was outstanding to deal wtih and explained stuff to me that was very helpful. While he specializes in dirt track stuff these days has built / tuned shocks for everything from the Jegs pro stock drag car to Indy 500 and Rolex 24 hour winning cars.

Best of all is his pricing. He pulls them apart and only replaces what needs to be replaced. In my case despite mine being several years old they required little more than piston bands, fluid change and obviously new seals. His pricing was 1/2 of what I was quoted elsewhere. I suppose if every wear part was replaced the pricing would have been similar to some of the big outfits but he showed me all the wear parts and they looked fine.

My rears are coming off the car this weekend to go to him soon for the same service.

Andy
Old 12-18-2012, 01:47 PM
gomez1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on sending them back to Moton
Old 12-18-2012, 02:06 PM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, I sent to Moton because I have a broken mount too. They have a 30% discount right now.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 649 Likes on 203 Posts

Anze suspension... in Long Island NY.. Moton dealers and the best at rebuilds!!

Rick DeMan

DeMan Motorsport
Upper Nyack, NY
845 727 3070
Porsche Sales & Service
Porsche Race services and parts
www.DeManMotorsport.com

Quick Reply: Moton Rebuild Recomendation