Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An American is named to the Porsche Junior Team!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 06:11 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

for those following Connor (and/or who are PCA members and get Panorama), there's a great article in the February issue about Connor and his career path to Porsche.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
Connor was in Star Mazda with Juncos this year, with Road to Indy $$ that ran out at the end of the year.

open wheel is the toughest of tough rows to hoe in US motorsports....switching to Porsche is a great move.

I've met Neil as well, nice kid I hope he gets something sorted for 2013.
To go back and sorta hijack this thread.......

Neil is with Cape/Wayne Taylor in USF2000 this year. In the spring training pre-season a couple of weeks ago (3 races at Sebring, 3 at Palm Beach) he won 5 of the 6. So no question it's up to him to perform!
Old 02-26-2013, 01:14 AM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turb-OH Brad
I'd really love to see Sean and Madison on the team. They can certainly wheel a decent lap in a cup car!

I have followed Connor for a little while, and he knows his way around a track. It's nice to see the transition from open wheelers to tin tops. Good on ya, Connor!
Me too, Madison is a great kid, awesome parents, get to run with them at Miller
Old 02-26-2013, 12:16 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Connor was a guest speaker at our POC awards banquet in January. Very articulate and well spoken young man. He was gracious with our members and seems to appreciate and embrace the opportunity he has earned.

I heard that Porsche was looking for their next hotshoe down here in in San Clemente, but I guess they have all of the middleaged, overweight drivers they needed and went with Conner instead. Too bad.

Cheers,
Old 02-26-2013, 11:31 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by mklaskin
Likely a very smart long term career decision. I'm sure all of these young guns seem themselves in F1, but look where Pat Long is now versus Scott Speed...
Speed has a full time ride in NASCAR Sprint Cup. We might not be NASCAR fans, but that is hardly a bad gig, a full-time ride in the most lucrative series in the country.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:19 AM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
Speed has a full time ride in NASCAR Sprint Cup. We might not be NASCAR fans, but that is hardly a bad gig, a full-time ride in the most lucrative series in the country.
true but Scott had a lot of really lean years between toro rosso and this year (and even now he's with an underfunded Cup program)
Old 02-27-2013, 12:55 AM
L8Apex
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Former top level SoCal kart racer. It's surreal seeing these names now at the pro level because I remember him when he was a little kid. Cole Whitt is another SoCal kart racer in NASCAR truck series.
Yep! Very good in Karts. Glad to see him doing well.

Quick Reply: An American is named to the Porsche Junior Team!