Sponsored by:

Weird F1 question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Bud Kobayashi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkstar1
We do the same basic thing in the film business and it all boils down to money and manpower...
And never buy less than two of anything so things can move ahead of you.
These teams are run like an invading army and they do it very right. Like was mentioned, all it takes is dedication and much money.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:28 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^ I think being organised is the most important factor over and above $$$. All the money and manpower in the world isn't going to help you if you aren't organised with your inventory. These days you can RFID tag all your items, fire up an app on your phone, and it will warn you if even one item is missing from a list of 10,000 tools.

My pet peeve is different sized packing boxes and loose items. Everything has a place and when you are not using it you put it BACK asap. Easy to find, less to pack up when you're done.

Once you have all those details down, it is very manageable to move these big setups around.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If they can change tires in 3 seconds, you know they can do things quick... Travel is no different.

When they're in Europe, lot of trucks rolling, I was once at a gas station with McLaren, Force India and Williams trucks nicely parked next to each others. This was on a Monday after GP of Monaco and they were going back to their Factory, races in Europe are easy.

BTW, Derek, one interesting thing truck drivers used to do right after they arrive (I dint think they do it anymore since the facilities are better but maybe they still do), since they're the first arrive before mechanics etc., they would paint the garage floors with fresh paint so everything is super clean before they start building the garage cabinets etc. and before when the cars and mechanics arrive.

And of course all of those guys have multiple jobs, if you drive an 18 wheeler, when you're nit driving it, you do something else.

Quick Reply: Weird F1 question...