Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 Austin, Pit road pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Derek@TRG
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, yo be clear here, personal cameras were not allowed, chase cam, GOPRO etc. The roof mounted cameras in the pics above are for television broadcast only. The Pirelli race will be broadcasted in europe, so if you have friends over there have them look for it.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:52 AM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We were up at turn 12 - plenty of smash-em-up action there for sure :-) The Porsche action were much more aggressive than the Ferrari race, and it was amazing how quiet the Porsches were vs. the blatting F cars. Then the F1 cars show up and rip your ear drums out :-)
Old 11-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Derek@TRG
yes, yo be clear here, personal cameras were not allowed, chase cam, GOPRO etc. The roof mounted cameras in the pics above are for television broadcast only. The Pirelli race will be broadcasted in europe, so if you have friends over there have them look for it.
Derek,

I am usually pretty good at weasling my into areas I don't belong or have access to, but not this time.

My friend who works at the track even gave me a stack of VIP suite credentials. Even with all of those I still could not get to the overflow paddock where you guys were! I was bummed.

I had friends at NGT and the Matus' that I wanted to see as well.

No luck!

Sorry I missed you.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:49 PM
nmercier853
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the pit work area the teams bring their own walls, lighting, flooring, tool cabinets and power setups. There is a company here in NH called NORA, they have the contract to install and then remove the nice floor that the teams use around the world. They charge roughly $8k per event for the garage floor.

F1 is an incredible money machine.

Very cool experience however for all the GT3 Cup guys.

Quick Reply: F1 Austin, Pit road pics