Sponsored by:

Turkey Bowl at Summit Point on Thanksgiving weekend

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 143 Posts
Default Turkey Bowl at Summit Point on Thanksgiving weekend

No affiliation. Just posting in case anyone here in the Mid Atlantic area wants to get one more race in before the off season.

16th Annual Turkey Bowl
So, you did not get to go to the ARRC, and you still want to get one more race weekend in before the silly season sets in?
Your like me and after spending Thursday Thanksgiving Day with your family, you just want to get away from “those people” and go race?

Well, sweetheart, your request is granted. For you we offer the 16th Annual Vintage Racers Group Turkey Bowl weekend, November 23, 24, and 25 at Summit Point Motorsports Park in Summit Point, West Virginia.
Turkey Bowl is wheel to wheel racing with no Timing and Scoring, no trophies, no points, just fun.
There are three vintage car groups for the VRG members to race their toys in as well as a Modern car group (Group 4) for all SCCA, NASA, PCA, BMWCCA, EMRA, and all other current sportscar racing machines. We also have Group 5 for all Legends cars.
Each race group gets one hour of track time per day.

There are only two rules for Turkey Bowl.
Rule #1 You are not allowed to hit anything. Failure to comply with Rule #1 will result in an early end to your weekend.
Rule #2 You must have fun.

For more information click here http://www.vrgonline.org/events/tbow...owl2012faq.pdf

Schedule is here http://www.vrgonline.org/events/tbow...12schedule.pdf
Old 11-07-2012, 08:37 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,273 Likes on 1,868 Posts

This is a really pleasant, low-key event. Good times!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 11-08-2012, 07:11 PM
d15b7
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

guys -- this event is one I try to never miss out on; three days of racing for $250!!! lots of really cool vintage machinery to drool over, too. I'll be there racing my Lotus Super Seven

Todd
ReidSpeed
Old 11-08-2012, 09:40 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

I'll be there. Great low key fun event. look forward to seeing you Todd and Mark.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Trak Ratt
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fun times and a great way to close the season! It was cold but not that cold. Got the car back together the Sunday before, so nice shakedown for next year too
Old 11-27-2012, 06:57 PM
d15b7
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

as usual, the Turkey Bowl was awesome - this is a 'do not miss' event!

I was racing my Lotus Super Seven Super Sprint (1600 Ford xflow motor) in Group 2 Vintage Big Bore heat. had exciting races every day, but here is the cream of the crop -- Sunday's finale race:

https://vimeo.com/54245574

I tried everything I knew how to do, but couldn't get around that white Ginetta! very close, fun, exciting vintage race! I really need to consider building my 'hot street' wet sump motor into a 'full race' dry sump motor... enjoy!

those Ginettas are beautiful, serious racecars -- and they are super light! way lighter than I thought -- specs say 1125 lbs no driver. thats about 50 lbs heavier than my Super 7, but I'd say they have much better aero, and those particular two cars have more power. I think my Lotus probably has an honest 155 hp at the flywheel (1600 xflow). they said the white Ginetta was 170 hp (1500 non xflow); the blue one was 195 hp (xflow).

here's a pic of the blue one:

here's a pic of the white one, and a pic of it's engine bay:

the Lotus Cortina in the backround was also part of the team that they were a part of. all the cars were immaculately turned out.

here's a pic of my car, going through T10 at Summit:

Todd
ReidSpeed

Quick Reply: Turkey Bowl at Summit Point on Thanksgiving weekend