Sponsored by:

F1 - Shuttle or parking pass only

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 11:12 PM
MikeQuig
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F1 - Shuttle or parking pass only

No walking in per the latest issuance from COTA.

Complimentary Shuttle
Shuttle location is downtown at 15th and Trinity.

For those who have not purchased on-site parking, please keep in mind that you will receive a complimentary shuttle to and from the circuit with your tickets. The tickets must be in your possession in advance to gain admittance to the shuttle and circuit.
No pedestrians or bicyclists, with or without a ticket, or vehicles without the proper credentials will be admitted into the circuit.
Please refer to our website for any questions.

That means those of us who thought they might park in Farmer Brown's field nearby are SOL. People movement seems like it's being made into a bigger
problem than any of us could possibly have imagined!

Mike Q
SpecBox #23
Old 10-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeQuig
That means those of us who thought they might park in Farmer Brown's field nearby are SOL. People movement seems like it's being made into a bigger
problem than any of us could possibly have imagined!

Mike Q
SpecBox #23
Yea, a close friend of mine works at the track. She said it is going to be a nightmare. Austin has no idea what is about to hit them...
Old 10-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Shivatron
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeQuig
No walking in per the latest issuance from COTA.
I can't say for sure on the walking, but a bike route (and entry point) is available as per COTA's Transportation page: http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/transportation . I'm glad they've provided a bike route -- I live downtown and I think my first choice would be to ride, all things considered.

Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
Yea, a close friend of mine works at the track. She said it is going to be a nightmare. Austin has no idea what is about to hit them...
Well, I'm sure the city will be packed. But keep in mind that Austin is used to holding big events: Austin City Limits (70k people) and UT football (90k people) are good examples. (F1 is projected at 120k, as I recall.) The biggest challenge will be the transportation, owing to the relatively low capacity of roads in the vicinity of the track. That said, I think the folks at COTA have done a reasonable job of providing a diverse array of transportation options, using different corridors. We'll have to wait and see how it works out...
Old 10-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shivatron
Well, I'm sure the city will be packed. But keep in mind that Austin is used to holding big events: Austin City Limits (70k people) and UT football (90k people) are good examples. (F1 is projected at 120k, as I recall.) The biggest challenge will be the transportation, owing to the relatively low capacity of roads in the vicinity of the track. That said, I think the folks at COTA have done a reasonable job of providing a diverse array of transportation options, using different corridors. We'll have to wait and see how it works out...
Yes, and those event have been going on for a while so logistics and attendees are familiar with the processes. My concern is the 120K newbies attending the first event of it's kind. Like me for example.

Either way I am sure I will have fun. I am going down with the attitude that there will be problems of all kinds, but won't let them bother me. I will just enjoy the spectacle.

Quick Reply: F1 - Shuttle or parking pass only