Old 10-08-2012 | 01:34 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Default Oops...

http://jalopnik.com/5949834/mclaren-...=recirculation
Old 10-08-2012 | 04:43 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Look like the incident occured coming out of T9 and entering the T10/T11 jog to the right. It's wide enough for 3 cars to go thru there together so I don't understand how they hit....
Old 10-08-2012 | 04:49 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Look like the incident occured coming out of T9 and entering the T10/T11 jog to the right. It's wide enough for 3 cars to go thru there together so I don't understand how they hit....
never underestimate lack of talent.
Old 10-08-2012 | 05:02 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Could be but i wonder if that is an optical illusion. Other option is McLaren tried to go inside at 9 where in a DE situation you round the corner and don't expect to be dive bombed especially without a point by. The damage to the Suburu is very minimal
Old 10-08-2012 | 05:46 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Pete
Could be but i wonder if that is an optical illusion. Other option is McLaren tried to go inside at 9 where in a DE situation you round the corner and don't expect to be dive bombed especially without a point by. The damage to the Suburu is very minimal

I was kind of wondering if it happened with the McLaren passing Crawford on the inside of 9 having no idea that the BRZ was boosted and going to come out of the corner close to as fast as the McLaren.

It will be interesting to see what details come out, but I suspect the McLaren tried to move back on line before he had actually completed the pass just assuming he already had 2-3 lengths on the Subaru.
Old 10-08-2012 | 06:38 PM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

This kind of driving should have been enough to get him kicked out before ther first run. The Mc driver is luck there was nobody injured and his Lawyer is probably telling him to get those videos off the internet asap. This is why I only do PCA events now.

Quick Reply: Oops...