Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rum Bum racing news SPOILER ALERT

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 08:04 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ban him!!! Seriously, Stig, after 1000 posts you should know better. A lot of us wait until a race airs to check results so we can watch without knowing the outcome.

The rule has always been 'No Spoilers In The Title'. Right, John?
Old 10-02-2012, 08:51 AM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 104 Posts

ok folks. Changed the title of the thread. Apologies to those who found out before the race airs in 2 weeks. Must be hard to avoid all news of a race for two weeks.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:06 AM
ep3_lol
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was siding with the guys who haven't watched the race here at first, but does it really air in two whole weeks? That's a long time to avoid the news in this day and age...
Old 10-02-2012, 11:06 AM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by ep3_lol
I was siding with the guys who haven't watched the race here at first, but does it really air in two whole weeks? That's a long time to avoid the news in this day and age...
Correct. Oct 13th on speed.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:13 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 608 Likes on 271 Posts

For what it's worth, I still don't even know what happened. I woke up with a trophy on Sunday Morning that said Driver's Champion and I'm still confused.

Thanks to all that followed, supported and cheered us on.

John

P.S. While I have been yelled at for posting spoilers and while I have orange hair and have been called a pumpkin head before, let's all just calm down a little.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:38 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Cory M
I don't even think the Continental race has aired yet, the Rolex race recorded this weekend, this one doesn't air until Oct 13th (I think). Which makes spoiling it even worse...
They now stream them live on Speed2. Many people saw the race as it happened.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
They now stream them live on Speed2. Many people saw the race as it happened.
Yeah, with more stuff streaming preventing spoilers on forums is probably going to be a losing battle in the future. Still it would be nice to keep results out of the titles, seems like a pretty simple and courteous thing to do.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:20 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 914 Likes on 447 Posts

Still it would be nice to keep results out of the titles, seems like a pretty simple and courteous thing to do.
That is a very simple rule and there is no reason to violate it....

Unless you have some kind of vegetable head!

Scott
Old 10-02-2012, 09:19 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Yeah, with more stuff streaming preventing spoilers on forums is probably going to be a losing battle in the future. Still it would be nice to keep results out of the titles, seems like a pretty simple and courteous thing to do.
True, and you'll never see me violate that "rule".

But in this day of Twitter and Facebook it is a losing battle. If you "like" the fan sites of any of your favorite teams or drivers you are going to get an update on your wall minutes after the race ends.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:10 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How bout we just leave it up to each individual to avoid the news or not on there own instead of assuming things.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Darkstar1
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 135 Posts

So are we also supposed to not discuss it for two weeks so someone will not make the mistake of opening the wrong thread? Maybe they should just not go into the racing and drivers forum until they watch...
Old 10-05-2012, 12:19 AM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkstar1
So are we also supposed to not discuss it for two weeks so someone will not make the mistake of opening the wrong thread? Maybe they should just not go into the racing and drivers forum until they watch...
Pssst! Don't go on Grand-Am's website either.

Really though, Grand-Am should air these races sooner. They have a great series with the Continental Tire Challenge. Surely some of the crap that passes for programming on SPEED could wait.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:37 AM
winders
Race Car

Originally Posted by Darkstar1
Discuss it all you want....just don't put the results in the subject. Before you say it, how often do results of a Pro race get discussed in a thread not about that Pro race? Not too often so just stop it....

Scott
Old 10-05-2012, 12:39 AM
winders
Race Car

Originally Posted by The Brewmeister
Pssst! Don't go on Grand-Am's website either.
That's just a stupid comment.....

Scott
Old 10-05-2012, 02:19 AM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

I think the thing some people seem to be missing is that this was not just some random race. It was the last race of the year and with it Rum Bum won the team championship. That's something that's a little bit more difficult to keep under wraps. The fact that they won the race is kind of secondary. The underlying point of this thread was to publicly congratulate them for winning the title.

Sure, you can leave the results out of the thread title, but anyone who has been following the series and rooting for the Porsches that is a true fan actually wants to know about this success. I can't imagine anyone who truly gives a damn about GS class racing in Grand Am didn't check on this because whether or not they got to watch how the race played out, they wanted to know who won the season. Speed doesn't do the fans any favours by waiting a couple of weeks to replay the race, but as far as I am concerned, anyone who is complaining that they found out about this championship win through this thread didn't really care whether or not they won the championship in the first place.

Quick Reply: Rum Bum racing news SPOILER ALERT