Daniel Jacobs LLC at NJMP

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:40 AM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Daniel Jacobs LLC at NJMP

I've been a customer of Dan Jacobs since 2008 and have been asked countless times why I travel 3.5 hours one way to have him service my cars. Besides being a great guy and having a tremendous crew working with him, Dan knows his stuff and is passionate about what he does.

I wanted to say a HUGE Thank You to Dan, Baron, Jason, and Bela for saving my Enduro Race at Thunderbolt yesterday afternoon!!! In the Enduro Warmup/Qualifying, I broke a left rear axle heading into T1. After getting towed into the garage, Dan and the boys went into another gear to replace the broken axle, refuel, and recharge the Cool Suit. All in a span of 25 minutes!!!They were able to get me on grid with 5 minutes to spare. I've never seen anything like it!!! Amazing job and Kudos to the entire Hairy Dog Grrrage crew!!!

Mike
Old 08-27-2012, 12:32 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Awesome endorsement.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:01 PM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After last years endure and someone punted me into the Armco I camE off track thinking car needed major work, Dan wrapped an arm around me and said "**** happens dan, the question is do you want to run the endure tomorrow'. his team did amazing work and I ran the full enduro, the car had so much tape on it the corner workers felt so sorry for me they gave me workers choice. Can't say enough about dan, one of the most Honest guys I have met!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:52 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Dan's a badarse. I am reminded of control arm replacement he and his guys did on the Noble Racing Cayman, midrace in the hot pits, at NJMP last year...
Old 08-27-2012, 03:01 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The whole Jacobs clan are some of the finest! always a great pleasure to race and be with them! well done.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

He even loans the scruts the tools they need to disassemble his motors to look for cheats!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:35 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dan is one of the Best ! I believe he is an exemplary ambassador of the sport!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:16 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

On grid for Qualifying. Get the five minute signal. Car cranks but won't fire. Panic sets in. All the sudden this super hero dressed in black says "Pop the hood and crank it when I say". Nothing. He leaps over my car and says "Pop the boot." Checks some stuff and says "crank it". Car fires. "Get rid of that switch they're garbage." And just like that he's gone.

It was like Kaiser Sose except in a good way.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:10 PM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn, I missed the whole thing sitting on my butt in Florida. It's easier to jump thru hoops for a great guy like Mike!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:09 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
On grid for Qualifying. Get the five minute signal. Car cranks but won't fire. Panic sets in. All the sudden this super hero dressed in black says "Pop the hood and crank it when I say". Nothing. He leaps over my car and says "Pop the boot." Checks some stuff and says "crank it". Car fires. "Get rid of that switch they're garbage." And just like that he's gone.

It was like Kaiser Sose except in a good way.
I was across from you on the grid when that happened. He figured that sh*t out in all of about 30 seconds .
Old 08-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,559 Likes on 820 Posts

Dan and Baron are good people. 'Nuff said...
Old 08-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sean F
I was across from you on the grid when that happened. He figured that sh*t out in all of about 30 seconds .
"Get rid of that xxxxxx it's garbage."

Dan's favorite saying when he sees the "Holy Grail" from some other shop or even worse... advice from the internet geniuses!!

Not that the cars he builds and set up are winners or anything..
Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Dan and the Hairy Dog crew rock. I went solo in building my Spec Boxster as a learning exercise (and picked up a nice sponsorship deal along the way - props for that can be saved for a different shop-love thread), but with recent thoughts of returning to Cup racing, I'll no doubt be making the 2+ hour trek for race car TLC again some day soon...
Old 08-27-2012, 11:39 PM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Dan and the Hairy Dog crew rock. I went solo in building my Spec Boxster as a learning exercise (and picked up a nice sponsorship deal along the way - props for that can be saved for a different shop-love thread), but with recent thoughts of returning to Cup racing, I'll no doubt be making the 2+ hour trek for race car TLC again some day soon...
fanncying a nice C5?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Charlie, fact is you could win in anything. After I screwed up I watched the whole Blue Sprint and you are a mutant, you ran lap after lap like AI was running your car.. You always set the bar across multiple classes, it will be a sad day when you stop racing as we will have to set another bar.. though at 58 i'm not sure how much longer I can run in your league..

Quick Reply: Daniel Jacobs LLC at NJMP