Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

48-52' gooseneck

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 12:53 AM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 45 Posts

The 44 is mine...and i can say it is PLENTY of room for 2 cars and gear. We would take 2 911s, 5 extra sets if wheels, 100 gal of gas, rolling toolbox, etc without being crammed for space. I will also say i wouldn't want to tow anything longer. Any stops require careful planning......

Stackers are nice but very high cg and lots of wind resistance. Duallies are marginal for towing a stacker.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:18 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,880 Likes on 2,406 Posts

Originally Posted by 4forme
Mooty - what makes the Featherlite and ATC "GOOD" trailers? I'm trying to figure out why some manufacturers charge 2-3x what others do.
1 weight
2 water leak
3 not all alum trailers are made of alum. plywood = alum, heavy stl= alum, just about EVERYTHING is called aluminum by trailers makers. very few companies use all alum.
4. durablility.. this is very easy. go fine a 10 year old featherlight and compare with a 10 year old other trailer with similar miles, you will understand it right away.
5. make a decision as to what a trailer is to you. some ppl just need a box to haul car to and from. some ppl want a 'shelter' on track with food, AC, a place you actually LIKE to sit and chill in.
6. ability to customize it.

those are just a few off the top of my head.

but yes, they are a lot more money... sort of like your RS. a Z06 will eat your car alive and cheaper ;-)

PS. i dont have featherlight. i like TPD more than featherlight, but CA doesn't have rust issues so i dont need alum and TPD doesn't exist east of the rockies.

pss: for two cars, 44 is more than enough. in fact a 40 may work (but tight). even at 44' you need to plan where to stop where to gas up and where to load the cars. but IA may have more space than CA. a 36' GN and my truck pretty much blockes my entire frontage and make my street into a 1/2 lane street.

Quick Reply: 48-52' gooseneck