Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 05:41 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ZSA Motorsports @ NJMP PCA RACE WEEK

Better stated...
Afternoon.

Just a quick heads up, ZSA Motorsports will be down at the NJMP PCA DE/Race week beginning on Weds August 22 to Sunday August 26th.

We'll be there with 5 or 6 customers and their machines who will be in the Weds/Thurs DE/Test and Tune, as well as the Friday/Saturday/Sunday PCA Races.

As we've done in the past, we're happy to help anyone as much as possible at no charge (other than parts or something exceptional) if anyone needs any help. We'll have all our alignment rack and setup equipment as well as our full race crew of 5 to 7 crew members. We're helping to sponsor the event and one additional way we enjoy contributing is by offering ourselves and our crew/gear to those who might need a wee bit of help.

If anyone needs any brake pads, rotors, tires, tools or other gear that you'd like us to bring down for you to purchase at the track, please let us know. If you are uncertain if you will need pads, just email or PM us your fitment in PAGID or Cobalt (or year make model caliper) and we'll try, as best possible, to have pads, rotors there for your consumption (those of course at your expense).

We're a PAGID and Cobalt distributor and can advise on which pad might make sense for your application. We love Pagid, but there are certain situations where the Cobalts are just superior.

If anyone needs Hoosier, Michelin or other tires, we can haul them down saving you shipping expenses there as well.

Come by and say hi. If we can help get your car running quicker/safer/etc. just ask and we'll do all that we can, within reason!

sales@zsamotorsport.com
Old 08-11-2012, 12:42 PM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fantastik! I'll be there with my oldie but goodie 968 in one of the garages but looking forward to seeing everyone...

Cheers
Old 08-24-2012, 11:21 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Great seeing everyone today! Thanks for stopping by, was nice meeting and helping out a lot of you fellow racers.

Tomorrow should be great weatther and equally great racing!!

Steve and Joe wanted me to advise they are riding on their bikes at 6am to 8am if anyone wants to join. Leaving from the garage area.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:12 PM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

Thank you guys for all the awesome support and effort this weekend. Everyone at ZSA seem to have worked so hard to keep us all going at full clip. And thanks for the trick PM400 car harness! Looking forward to testing it out at Daytona!

Cheers!
Old 08-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Mike R.
Advanced

Big thanks to the ZSA crew for help making it a great weekend at the track!
Old 08-27-2012, 03:10 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Pablo,

It was very nice to meet you and I'm glad we could help you out. We enjoyed meeting so many club racers and we hopefully assisted a few of them in having an enjoyable weekend. I believe we did alignment and safety checks on nearly 20 cars over the 4 days. It was tiring but fun.

Our customer cars also did quite well. I believe we had 5 podiums in a few classes, a few poles, and 2 wins. The #33 GTC5 car snagged pole away from a GTA2 4liter by a 100th before getting slapped back into place when the green flag flew. THat pole setting time was also a PCA track record for any class.

The #33 car held on for the win, as did our #197 car in GTC3.

here is a link to the PCA track record lap on video:

https://vimeo.com/48312103

It was a fun, successful weekend.

Originally Posted by pmcrespo
Thank you guys for all the awesome support and effort this weekend. Everyone at ZSA seem to have worked so hard to keep us all going at full clip. And thanks for the trick PM400 car harness! Looking forward to testing it out at Daytona!

Cheers!
Old 08-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

Tiv: Great to meet you and some of the ZSA crew. You guys run an impressive operation. 197 is one fast 996 Cup.

Thanks again for looking over my set up.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:02 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nizer
Tiv: Great to meet you and some of the ZSA crew. You guys run an impressive operation. 197 is one fast 996 Cup.

Thanks again for looking over my set up.
Thank you. It was a pleasure as well.

We try to spend considerable time pushing the car setups as far as we can. Often, the customer drivers, particularly when running PCA versus Grand Am or World Challenge, enjoy running laps rather than making changes every other lap or two. But we've had some time now with the GTC3 and have a pretty dialed in setup for those cars as well as the 3.8l C5 cars.

The #33 car was turning 1.22.5s for most of Friday. We then took out a ton of rebound, added a bit of toe and a few other small tricks. We were in the 1:21.9 range which was a nice change. The customer was ecstatic, but I suggested two more changes. Those plus slightly higher starting pressures in qualifying gave him a lap time almost 1.3 seconds faster than what we might have accepted the night before. That 1.21.2 was shocking to even the crew as we thought we had maxed it out in the high 21.9 area. I think there is also a confidence that comes from knowing you have a good car and that you're headed in the right direction. It gives you the impetus to push just that little bit more.

I guess the rule of thumb is to never stop clawing for more till they close the book on the weekend. At least for this weekend, it went well.

Thanks again.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:31 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Default NJMP PCA Race photos

One of our guys snagged a bunch of photos from the weekend.

With due respect, i havent had a second of free time to go through them.
No idea whats really there, who's cars, etc. but there are like 900 of them!
Hey, flickr gives us megabytes, we gonna use them!!!

anyway, here you go: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tradema...th/7844692270/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tradema...th/7844692270/
Old 08-30-2012, 04:27 PM
mos996tt
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

T and the ZSA crew are a class act - even did spring swaps for me overnight trying to get me within striking distance of P1 (which they did until i popped my engine!). Great support and good guys to work with to boot...

Quick Reply: ZSA Motorsports @ NJMP PCA RACE WEEK