Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need smartycam and solo DL ASAP... Where?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 05:27 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need smartycam and solo DL ASAP... Where?

Where to order from?
Old 07-09-2012, 07:18 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,833 Likes on 1,670 Posts

I have them with me at Summit and could ship tomorrow. PM me.

I have CAN and OBD-II versions, suction cup mounts for the Solo DL on the windshield and roll bar or harness bar mount for the SmartyCam with me. I'll throw in a 16GB mSD card, and if you tell me the car and tracks you go to, I'll set it up and send it plug 'n play, ready to go. VISA and MC accepted.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 07-09-2012, 08:05 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lolaman

I have CAN and OBD-II versions, suction cup mounts for the Solo DL on the windshield and roll bar or harness bar mount for the SmartyCam with me. I'll throw in a 16GB mSD card, and if you tell me the car and tracks you go to, I'll set it up and send it plug 'n play, ready to go. VISA and MC accepted.
We don't agree on everything, but that is what customer service is all about. I bought my SmartyCam from AIM here in So Cal almost 2 years ago and I've still never had it setup for my local tracks or my preferences. Your service is exlemplary....
Old 07-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Can't beat that kind of service!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:45 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

PM sent
Old 07-09-2012, 11:14 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Thanks, fellows! Many see this kind of equipment as an expensive toy, but IMO, they are tools and deserve that kind of support. Plus, it's fun when people see what these things can do. Hope I can help.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Thanks, fellows! Many see this kind of equipment as an expensive toy, but IMO, they are tools and deserve that kind of support. Plus, it's fun when people see what these things can do. Hope I can help.
I considered data stuff to be a toy until I realized just how powerful it is to be able to quantify my driving and realized how much I could learn. With a $400 SOLO I was able to learn more in 2 events than I did in the previous 2 years. With the support of people like Peter, Jerry, and Roger Caddell, these systems are worth and provide value that is many times their original price.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:06 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Thanks, Ted, for the referral!

Package of two goodies, configured for a great car, loaded with all the tracks require, including two mounts, a big mSD card in it and ready to plug and play this weekend is now headed to Ohio!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:47 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought my SmartyCam and AIM Solo DL through Peter (Lolaman) as well. The Solo and the SmartyCam came loaded and ready for plug and play use. I had a few questions and Peter always has replied timely.

Awesome customer service, awesome knowledge, and I'm glad with everything I got.

The Race Studio 2 software puts to shame most analysis software out there, it is Pro level stuff.

Peter gave me a 16Gb memory card free of charge, and I never run out of memory, the thing will record 8 hours of video, and automatically overlays the gauges when running my laps, so the actual file has all the telemetry embedded, and it is ready to be watched or uploaded to YouTube/Vimeo, no more wasted time editing or merging data and video.

My Traqmate is collecting dust, so it will be for sale soon.

SmartyCam + Aim Solo DL + bridge to either ECU (Cayman) or ODB2 (Fiat) and the cable connecting my Solo and SmartyCam powers both devices, no need to charge batteries, no need to use a power outlet, and this same cable has an external mic.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:22 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by drl
PM sent
Enjoyed speaking with you yesterday, D. We agree on your best, most powerful and usable, yet cost-effective solution!

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
I bought my SmartyCam and AIM Solo DL through Peter (Lolaman) as well. The Solo and the SmartyCam came loaded and ready for plug and play use. I had a few questions and Peter always has replied timely.

Awesome customer service, awesome knowledge, and I'm glad with everything I got.

Thanks, R. Our deal was a pleasure! This kind of feedback makes it extra worthwhile for me.

Quick Reply: Need smartycam and solo DL ASAP... Where?