Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mosport Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 09:56 PM
DDun911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Big thanks to upper Canada for a great event at a great event at a great track. My first time at mosport what a fun and Challenging track. Look forward to returning next year hopefully I can get my times down so I get race with somebody.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Charles A. Toupin
And how about our little fight on video?

It's coming... My attention has been occupied on *why* I didn't finish the enduro...

But here's a teaser pic (courtesy Michael Coates).
Attached Images   
Old 07-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't figure out what part is this...

Hey, that's a great picture! 3rd, 4th and 5th position. Margaret was driving so well I thought it was Ernie who was chasing me! See how the car(s) flatten from mid point to the exit of the corner...

c.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

That crack is the steering knuckle (spindle) where the control arm ball-joint attaches. It was flexing at the crack, causing the brake rotor to rub against the control arm.

Here's some video from sprint 1:

I'm working on the enduro next.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:43 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Van, you really are getting a good run out of T10. Also, I enjoyed your grass pass out of 5!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:50 PM
chartersb
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 31 Posts

Lap 15, outside of turn three...gutsy pass Van. Props to Margaret J, excellent drive for her second ever race.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pontifex4
Van, you really are getting a good run out of T10. Also, I enjoyed your grass pass out of 5!
Originally Posted by chartersb
Lap 15, outside of turn three...gutsy pass Van. Props to Margaret J, excellent drive for her second ever race.
Thanks guys!

Here's the video Charles wants. We spend a bunch of time side-by-side towards the end. There is also a pretty good slide by Margaret in there (turn 2!!) And then I spin off the track in 5 at the end. Enjoy!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:20 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Whoa! That looked like awesome fun.

I don't know what kind of data you have from that race, but I would be curious to see if the way you did T8-T10 just before the 7:00 mark of this video was the fastest, even though you went in a gear high. You were certainly all over the 911 there.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:28 PM
crooster
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Enjoyed those - thanks for posting!
Old 07-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Van
Thanks guys!

Here's the video Charles wants. We spend a bunch of time side-by-side towards the end. There is also a pretty good slide by Margaret in there (turn 2!!) And then I spin off the track in 5 at the end. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfa99pWmakw
Thanks Van. Congrats for your driving! You are much better than I am. Without that failure, you would have beat me.

Whenever I feel pressure, I start driving like a *****, as all of you can obviously see in the video... So you know how to be beat now...

c.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Charles A. Toupin
Thanks Van. Congrats for your driving! You are much better than I am. Without that failure, you would have beat me.

Whenever I feel pressure, I start driving like a *****, as all of you can obviously see in the video... So you know how to be beat now...

c.
Well, I guess I couldn't take the pressure either. We'll spar again some day!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pontifex4
I don't know what kind of data you have from that race, but I would be curious to see if the way you did T8-T10 just before the 7:00 mark of this video was the fastest, even though you went in a gear high. You were certainly all over the 911 there.
Charlie, I can look at that data, and here's the result. The top graph is speed, the middle one is gear, and the last one is the "time gap".

The blue lap was lap 8, my fastest, the red lap was the fastest for the segment, and the green lap is the one you point out.

It's interesting to note that the green lap was a slower speed through T8, so I must have been able to keep the car more balanced and enter T9 faster. (Or maybe I was just overbraking when I did the 5-3 downshift...)

Although, on the red lap (fastest segment) I do it .5 second faster than the baseline (blue lap).
Attached Images  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Ernie J
Pro

Van, enjoyed watching you guys race each other. might have to build a 944 Cup for myself. from past experence its alot of fun, great driving by all. i watched the enduro at T2. might go to Tremblant for the VARCA race.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:59 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Ernie,

We want you at Tremblant!!!! We had fun the last time you came!!! And Chris L. said he would be comin'

c.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:23 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Originally Posted by Van
Charlie, I can look at that data, and here's the result. The top graph is speed, the middle one is gear, and the last one is the "time gap".

The blue lap was lap 8, my fastest, the red lap was the fastest for the segment, and the green lap is the one you point out.

It's interesting to note that the green lap was a slower speed through T8, so I must have been able to keep the car more balanced and enter T9 faster. (Or maybe I was just overbraking when I did the 5-3 downshift...)

Although, on the red lap (fastest segment) I do it .5 second faster than the baseline (blue lap).
Thanks, Van. That is very interesting, if a little above my level. I pointed it out mainly because that line is the one I've grown to like through there in my car. I must say: this racing thing is beginning to look more enticing with every video I see.

Quick Reply: Mosport Club Race