22.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

2012 British Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 08:37 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

I have been saying for a couple of years that despite the push on forums to agree that Vettel is a spoiled brat, he actually seems like a good guy and not a sponsor's robot. He has opinions, he's intelligent and has a sense of humour. Good on him. I'll add to this by saying that I have found Alonso to be humble, realistic and seemingly a good guy in interviews over a similar timeline. Perhaps he's grown up a little, who knows, but he seems like a pretty cool guy to me. Of course I'll always barrack for Webber but I don't mind watching these other guys succeed either. Hope Webber wins the title but it will be what it will be.
I also think the Ferrari has come on in leaps and bounds and the RBR plays a waiting game against it's rivals. It's trap speed is so far down on the others it's laughable but they still produce great results. Am enjoying this season.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:29 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
I have been saying for a couple of years that despite the push on forums to agree that Vettel is a spoiled brat, he actually seems like a good guy and not a sponsor's robot. He has opinions, he's intelligent and has a sense of humour. Good on him. I'll add to this by saying that I have found Alonso to be humble, realistic and seemingly a good guy in interviews over a similar timeline. Perhaps he's grown up a little, who knows, but he seems like a pretty cool guy to me. Of course I'll always barrack for Webber but I don't mind watching these other guys succeed either. Hope Webber wins the title but it will be what it will be.
I also think the Ferrari has come on in leaps and bounds and the RBR plays a waiting game against it's rivals. It's trap speed is so far down on the others it's laughable but they still produce great results. Am enjoying this season.
I think you need to separate the driver from the person off track. All these guys will cut your throat to get an advantage, but off track, they seem very relaxed and comfortable with the requirements of media participation. Vettel in particilar.

Of course Alonso has matured and as I've been saying for a long time, has been a model citizen since arriving at the Scuderia. Hamilton has matured as have a lot of these guys we're seeing grow up from young lions to seasoned veterans in front of our eyes.

If Webber or whoever wins the title, he will be credited with winning the most competitive season ever. Just look at how close everyone is in points and the length of the season. Good luck to all the driver's, but my money is on Alonso!
Old 07-13-2012, 12:50 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

Completely agree on every point!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:38 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Another +1

It is amazing how "slow" the RBR cars are. But, I guess if you never have to let off the gas in the rest of the lap, you're going to be quick.

The opposite is true for the Merc. It probably has the fastest straight line speed, but it can't corner well....and the results show that.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:24 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,901 Likes on 1,723 Posts

This is the 3rd year in a row that the RB has been "slow" in a straight line and we know how that ended up the last two years! Even at Monza, where we all thought, surely this is the track where RBR would lose, Vettel ended up going on the outside of Alonso on the grass for the pass (as Alonso alluded to in his press conference).

Point of disagreement with the previous poster. The MB is fastest in the straight line in qualifying because of the double DRS they can use on the entire track, but in a race it's definitely the Lotus/Renault.

Interesting fact that all the other F1 teams use straight line testing for their aero, but Lotus used the North Carolina wind tunnel/mountain for their testing and the result show!!
Old 07-13-2012, 04:26 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Perhaps the RB is a 'momentum' car...haha.

Quick Reply: 2012 British Grand Prix