Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GGR DE/TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 06:18 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks from me as well -- definitely a fun weekend!

Don't think I'll ever run Thunderhill backwards again, but it was good practice to learn a new track.

I think they need to help whoever is running their sound meter tho, they black flagged me Sunday morning in the first session for a 104.5 -- there's no way a stock Cup can be that loud and still be intact. Clear sunny morning too. I passed a loud spec boxster the lap before so I think they just had us confused.

-mike
Old 07-18-2012, 07:58 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 80 Posts

Here is some in-car footage for those who have never seen Thunderhill Clockwise.

Not my fastest lap of the weekend, but decent enough (for me). It was a fun weekend, and luckily not quite as hot as predicted.

Thanks to all who participated!!

Old 08-04-2012, 03:48 AM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 114 Posts

Great event. We ran three full days CW with very few incidents.

Tim
Old 08-04-2012, 06:37 PM
FINN987
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tgsmith4845
We ran three full days CW with very few incidents.
Three? Did I miss a day? Damn, I could have used another CW day, and will definitely go back for the next PCA-GGR CW event as well!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:47 PM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by FINN987
Three? Did I miss a day? Damn, I could have used another CW day, and will definitely go back for the next PCA-GGR CW event as well!
Good catch, Finn. I had so much fun it felt like three days. :-)

Looking forward to the next GGR event at TH Sept 8-9. Running CCW this time to get back to normal.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:56 PM
U.S.
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a great track day! Nice to run it again in this direction. The driving was excellent as usual and the relaxed ambiance made it a ton of fun. Great to see the non Porsche cars out there as well.

The leaders allowed folks to run in shorts and tee shirts. Made a huge difference in attitude. Tech was a breeze as well. Moved right through.

Be sure to tell your friends that have other makes that GGR is open and welcome to them attending. Guaranteed they will have a safe and fun time. And knowing the GGR instructors, there are none better in all of the western USA.

Would like to do this direction again. Was only able to get it down in the 2:05's, and with more seat time it can happen. This is a tough direction, but never felt unsafe.

Quick Reply: GGR DE/TT