Old 08-08-2012, 04:03 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk
Good news for all HPR attendees. Once again Kansas City Wheel Fixin Limited will be servicing the Club Race and DE.
Next time someone else gets to hold the tire. Kai with a metal bar scares me for some reason
Old 08-08-2012, 11:37 PM
turbochad
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Gaga is ready (the car) and I'm loading in the morning. It is going to be cooler this weekend, only in the lower 90's. I look forward to meeting new people and having a great race. Stop by carport 8 and say hi.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:17 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

There were two separate fatal accidents between Deer Trail and Byers last night. Just hoping and checking to make sure that none of the victims were any RListers. I know the helicopter shot I saw on the news this morning showed that at least one of the vehicles involved was pulling a trailer with a car inside...
Old 08-13-2012, 12:40 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

After-the-fact ariel footage shows an enclosed trailer, but from the looks of what was being unloaded from the trailer, it doesn't appear to be hauling a car.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/28...rtions-of-I-70
Old 08-13-2012, 12:49 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,197 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
After-the-fact ariel footage shows an enclosed trailer, but from the looks of what was being unloaded from the trailer, it doesn't appear to be hauling a car.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/28...rtions-of-I-70
Agreed. It also appears to have happened in the westbound lanes...east of the Byers exit (which is the one you'd take to get to HPR if you were coming from the east). Unlikely that any of the racers would be driving that stretch of road unless they headed out going the wrong direction (east) and had to double back at Deer Trail.

On a more positive note, great weekend of racing everyone. Results are up on mylaps for those that are interested.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:03 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fatalties is not something you want to read about, irrespective of who is involved.

I have to say, that from my perspective I had the most fun weekend ever! The Enduro was a complete zoo with the cup cars starting at the back, but it was never a dull moment, and required strategy on pitting etc.

I had an electrical problem in the first sprint on Sunday, ended up dead last with the car dead. I managed to get it re-started and then had so much fun, trying to make up for lost time.

Great, great weekend, with a great buch of racers (including rookies), all giving each other room (at least that what I experienced in the yellow group)

Last edited by samluke; 08-13-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:46 AM
MikeQuig
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone for coming out. 78 cars was a nice two-race-group showing.

Thanks especially to Thomas Jones for lowering the Spec Boxster track record so my lap went for naught! I'll keep learning that car and see you at Hallett. Though I couldn't catch Jones I had a front row seat for the E class battle. Poor Neils winds up with 2 second place finishes to Mr's Bennett and *** by a combined total of less than 5 seconds! Adam Jaspers means to do well and bring it to the front but Pat Heptig kept him at bay - this time.

Mr. Bennett also put down a 2:03.1 in the afternoon heat in Sprint 2. That lap run in the cool of the morning might have taken down the 2:03.7 E class record currently owned by a man from Fort Worth named Buckley.

Hope to see you all next time on the High Plains. Bring your friends!

Mike Quigley
Spec Boxster #23
Old 08-14-2012, 09:48 AM
MikeQuig
Instructor

Correction:

Jim Buckley's E class record is 2:02.7 not 2:03.7

Quigs
Old 08-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Niels e46 m3
Racer

What a fantastic weekend! Starting in dead last during the enduro and ending up in 3rd was quite a race! Fantastic battles with ***/Heptig/Jaspers/Bennett/Jones in all 3 races.... I still want to see the footage of us going 3 wide into turn 1 during Sprint race #1.

My dad had a blast as well!

Looking forward to the next one!

Thanks HPR & all Rocky Mountain peeps for putting on a great event!

Originally Posted by MikeQuig

Thanks especially to Thomas Jones for lowering the Spec Boxster track record so my lap went for naught! I'll keep learning that car and see you at Hallett. Though I couldn't catch Jones I had a front row seat for the E class battle. Poor Neils winds up with 2 second place finishes to Mr's Bennett and *** by a combined total of less than 5 seconds! Adam Jaspers means to do well and bring it to the front but Pat Heptig kept him at bay - this time.

Mr. Bennett also put down a 2:03.1 in the afternoon heat in Sprint 2. That lap run in the cool of the morning might have taken down the 2:03.7 E class record currently owned by a man from Fort Worth named Buckley.

Mike Quigley
Spec Boxster #23
Old 08-14-2012, 11:44 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Will we see you at Hallett in October, Niels?
Old 08-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

A great weekend!

A short note to the racers about the enduro - the reason there was 3 pace laps was that as the pace car pulled out onto the track, the cornerworker net went dead. The steward (me) had radio contact with the pace car and black flag on a separate radio net, as always, but there was no contact between corners or the tower until the repeater got rebooted. Luckily it happened while the pace car was on track as all that needed to be done was keep the pace car out there until the problem could be solved. The lack of contact with the corners made for an "interesting" situation which could have been resolved by the use of hand signals between corners (experienced SCCA workers all know an extensive list of hand signals just for this potential problem) but with the reboot of the radio repeater, the problem was solved.
Great, close racing on a very interesting and raceable track.
Bruce
Old 08-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Niels e46 m3
Racer

Originally Posted by MikeQuig

Mike Quigley
Spec Boxster #23
Originally Posted by KaiB
Will we see you at Hallett in October, Niels?
I will be there! Dad should be in as well.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:14 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Ok, not asking for criticism (so why post?) but here are some of the videos that I snagged this weekend.

I was rusty on Saturday having not raced in over a year (barely in 2:10s). Sunday laptimes picked up a bit and I found my way into the 2:08s. A long way to go to keep up with Bennett.

Noisey motor + lots of oil on the underside of 4-5-6 makes me think I have a pulled/broken head stud.

Sprint 1
https://vimeo.com/47633991

Sprint 2
https://vimeo.com/47633990
Old 08-16-2012, 11:18 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

One more, the fun race.

https://vimeo.com/47581869
Old 08-23-2012, 12:15 AM