Sponsored by:

Nanotechnology in engine and gear oils - new company/sponsor intro

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 09:24 AM
99chrysler
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 67King
Given the other links, do you think they put in 5%? The resultant sulfur content suggests less, but the increase in sulfur content indicates orders of magnitude difference.
In the military paper it said on page 1 that the oil "was treated with the supplied nano-particle additive at an 11:1 ratio by volume", which means that 8,3% (1/12) nano-particle additive was used. The Israeli firm Nanolub states that the treat rate should be 1.5% - 7% v/v in host oil (source: http://www.apnano.com/wp-content/upl...eaflet2web.pdf) - how much this equals in pure IF-WS2 terms I cannot say, obviously. I am assuming that this is the additive that was used, as the military paper states that the additive is commercially available.

It is quite peculiar that the other paper did not even state how much IF-WS2 was used...

Originally Posted by 67King
I've supplied my e-mail address above, but it is hking@performanceracingoils.com. I think it would be most appropriate to take further discussions off-line. Or even better, I would suggest you contact your distributor, since I only cover North America.
Many thanks for your responses once more, they have been very useful (and reassuring). Let us do as you propose with the further discussion. I think I will start with contacting Millers directly to see if they can recommend using CFS NT 5w40 in my car (the oil finder on their page actually recommens EE NANODRIVE SEMI SYNTHETIC 10w40, so I am assuming that CFS NT would be equally acceptable).

Quick Reply: Nanotechnology in engine and gear oils - new company/sponsor intro