Sponsored by:

Dumbass questions about HLT

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 06:56 AM
michael lang
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumbass questions about HLT

I just bought Harry's Laptimer and I want to use it a NJMP this Friday. I have been through the laptimer website, looked all through the web page forum, gone through pages and pages in this website searching. My questions are: does the laptimer work better when standing upright or laying flat facing up? If a track is selected and loaded in, do you have preset the start and stop point on the track or is it already done you? All the various screens look very confusing to me to understand but I'm sure it is because I haven't learned what I am looking at yet, is it as simple as clicking on start when I leave the paddock like my GoPro and clicking on stop at the end of a session?
Old 06-17-2012, 08:54 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Just lout it in the Tomo Tom cradle, plug it in and you can see your lap times. Just start HLT up and open the app, choose the lap timer graphic you want and push start driving and you are good to go. HLT must be mounted in a cradle on the windshield with a clear view of the sky to work on the GPS signal.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:08 AM
michael lang
Advanced

Thanks Mike, I've never driven with Schattenbaum before so I'm not sure how they will be with something mounted to my car's windshield. That's why I was asking about laying my iPhone flat. I really wasn't too worried about being able to watch it while I drive since I've never driven Lightning before I think I'll be more worried about trying to make sure I don't get lost on the track.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:29 AM
HarryS
Intermediate

Flat is not possible - at least if you want to measure reasonable acceleration forces.

- Harry

Quick Reply: Dumbass questions about HLT