Originally Posted by mobonic
nice driving guys!
Thanks. When are you coming back?

Cheers,
Old 08-30-2012, 12:52 AM
eric523
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

just a few more shots from the weekend. Yes, I'm thoroughly obsessed and pleased with the car...

Old 08-30-2012, 03:04 AM
eric523
Pro

others from the weekend

Old 08-30-2012, 03:08 AM
eric523
Pro

Old 09-01-2012, 04:15 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mobonic
nice driving guys!
That's for sure! Great clean racing all round! What a thrill to watch - thanks!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:36 PM
eric523
Pro

Just got back from another successful weekend with the car at Auto Club Speedway. POC ran two races over the weekend and it was HOT out there, about 100°. I pumped up the power on my car to an official 315.9rwhp for the big track. I figured the extra weight would be worth the power at this track. Qualifying on Saturday sucked as we rushed to get fresh rubber on and forgot to set the pressure in the right front, it came in at over 40psi. Other than that, everything went great with a pole on Sunday and two race wins. A big surprise to have Kevin Roush drop into the GT3 class on Sunday to make things interesting. We qualified less than .1 sec apart and started side by side.

Completely different spec GT3 class cars with a mix of high HP and weight against lower. About 55hp and 660lb difference between them. The extra weight and 100° temps certainly made my car look terribly slow around the infield, but the higher HP plan for the banking worked out.

https://vimeo.com/50667729
Old 10-03-2012, 04:43 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 121 Likes on 85 Posts

Watching your battle with Kevin in person, I was impressed as hell. I'll be honest and say at first I didn't think you would be able to hold him off. It was a very respectible win from my viewpoint on the bridge.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:50 PM
eric523
Pro

Originally Posted by GTgears
Watching your battle with Kevin in person, I was impressed as hell. I'll be honest and say at first I didn't think you would be able to hold him off. It was a very respectible win from my viewpoint on the bridge.
Thanks very much Matt. I want to challenge myself against the best drivers possible and I was honestly elated to find out he was coming to run in my class on Sunday. I have looked up to Kevin as a driver, and shop owner, since I was about 12 years old watching POC races. So to get a chance to battle with him was really cool for me. Now...winning the battle, that is still feeling pretty darn good right now. I think I ran a really smart race and used the equipment I had well. Not the cleanest or the fastest race, but I made what I thought to be the right adjustments to stay in front.

Also, very nice to meet you this weekend and thanks for spending time getting to know the crew and our drivers. We were a bit busy running the show but we enjoyed having you with us.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Nice driving and congrats on the victories. Your car looked like it was going to shake itself to death at the 6 minute mark, I was waiting for the hardtop to fly off!
Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 PM
eric523
Pro

Originally Posted by Cory M
Nice driving and congrats on the victories. Your car looked like it was going to shake itself to death at the 6 minute mark, I was waiting for the hardtop to fly off!
Thanks Cory. Yes, the top has never seen 160+mph before so some more straps are in order! The wing uprights are on the list as well. Pretty scary seeing that stuff on camera, luckily I can't see it while I'm driving!
Old 10-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Cayman_Sense
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 32 Posts

Nice driving Eric. Pretty cool to see pro drivers coming back to POC dicing it up with everyone. Smart driving !

Was that Mobicup passing the Krok? Both in GT3?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by eric523
Thanks Cory. Yes, the top has never seen 160+mph before so some more straps are in order! The wing uprights are on the list as well. Pretty scary seeing that stuff on camera, luckily I can't see it while I'm driving!
Haha. I lost my roof panel at Laguna last year. I was driving through the corkscrew and all of a sudden it got really bright! I just kept running and finished the session that way. One of the dzus fastners vibrated loose and air got under it. Fortunately it landed off track and no one ran it over. I had it bolted in place for the next session and got rid of the dzus after that!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Cayman_Sense
Nice driving Eric. Pretty cool to see pro drivers coming back to POC dicing it up with everyone. Smart driving !

Was that Mobicup passing the Krok? Both in GT3?
Yes that was Mo making the pass - although I wish he would have waited until the banking to pass us all and not spilt me from Eric & Kevin. I stayed on him for a couple of laps and then the engine got a bit hot trying to pass the higher HP car. Backed off to cool the car and preserve the contingency tire. Team orders?

No, Mo is now in GT2 with his new Cup engine. Not sure what he weighs, but he can be as low as 7.01 #/Hp vs. GT3 at 9.01 #/hp.

However, Mo is doing a great job and improving rapidly. I suspect we will not need to deal with him in the mix pretty soon.

Cheers,
Old 10-04-2012, 03:58 PM
eric523
Pro

Originally Posted by Krokodil
Yes that was Mo making the pass - although I wish he would have waited until the banking to pass us all and not spilt me from Eric & Kevin. I stayed on him for a couple of laps and then the engine got a bit hot trying to pass the higher HP car. Backed off to cool the car and preserve the contingency tire. Team orders?

No, Mo is now in GT2 with his new Cup engine. Not sure what he weighs, but he can be as low as 7.01 #/Hp vs. GT3 at 9.01 #/hp.

However, Mo is doing a great job and improving rapidly. I suspect we will not need to deal with him in the mix pretty soon.

Cheers,
Yeah, Mo did pretty well in the car this weekend after being off track since April. Lots of things have changed on the car, and it was up around 8.2 #/HP with a conservative tune and weight to lose.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:08 AM
eric523
Pro

Went to Laguna for an open sound weekend with some new headers and a few more ponies. Ran up a class in GT2 to meet the minimum number of participants for the Yoko tire contingency. Only about 300lbs heavy, and good fun mixing it up. I was on the other end of the horsepower battle compared to the last video.
Fastest lap at Laguna down to a 1:33:2 now. 50 minute race cut down to 10.

Quick Reply: Converting BSR to GT Racer