Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

List of Current PCA Points?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012 | 01:08 AM
esscape26
Racer

Question List of Current PCA Points?

I saw a column on the Glen results sheets for points, but it was all zeros at the time.

Is there a list of PCA points winners being kept somewhere? I looked around and could not find anything.

Thanks,
Old 06-08-2012 | 01:17 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

http://www.rennpoints.com/points/
Old 06-08-2012 | 07:23 PM
esscape26
Racer

Thank you.
I like the links from the driver name.

It should be made more obviously accessible from pca site....but since it turned all white type on black, with an ungainly download process for results, I don't go there much.
Old 06-09-2012 | 02:05 AM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by esscape26
Thank you.
I like the links from the driver name.

It should be made more obviously accessible from pca site....but since it turned all white type on black, with an ungainly download process for results, I don't go there much.
As the webmaster/owner of RennPoints, I'm curious what types of problems you are seeing. I've loaded up the site from a number of devices and browsers and I haven't seen the issues that you are reporting. Can you give me more details? I'm happy to fix any problems.
Old 06-09-2012 | 02:23 AM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brian P
As the webmaster/owner of RennPoints, I'm curious what types of problems you are seeing. I've loaded up the site from a number of devices and browsers and I haven't seen the issues that you are reporting. Can you give me more details? I'm happy to fix any problems.
Oops, never mind. I now realized you are talking about the PCA site, not the RennPoints site. Let me know though if you have any suggestions for RennPoints. As I said, I'm happy to improve it.
Old 06-09-2012 | 09:17 PM
esscape26
Racer

Your site is fine. I found my name on there for last year....fun. Love it. Writing about it for an article, GRM or theracesite.com
Old 06-10-2012 | 11:01 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brian P
Oops, never mind. I now realized you are talking about the PCA site, not the RennPoints site. Let me know though if you have any suggestions for RennPoints. As I said, I'm happy to improve it.
You site is great Brian, and much appreciated! Did you know the the PCA site actually links to your site for Points Standings?
Old 06-10-2012 | 11:12 AM
esscape26
Racer

Brian:

Been enjoying the rennpoints.
I did notice that in the historic portion, when there is a co-driver, only one driver gets a record. And it was placed in a person's history by who was listed first of the pair in the results.

I know it doesn't count, but for me, it meant some of my enduros are not in my own records. My name was often not put in first. But trust me I drove a lot of the enduro laps.

Perhaps this affects new results, too, but I did not look that closely? In the past few years, the co-driver is often not listed at all in the results.

Last edited by esscape26; 06-10-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-10-2012 | 01:22 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Great job with Rennpoints, Brian.

And now that it's the official CR championship, it adds to the fun of the season.

Old 06-10-2012 | 03:14 PM
deutschkar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi

And now that it's the official CR championship, it adds to the fun of the season.
x2!!
Old 06-10-2012 | 03:21 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi

Agreed, thanks Brian for the timely updating....

I think the National Class Championship is a great idea and one that will blossom over the next few years. National exposure such as on Brian's site is the best marketing tool the PCA has at it's disposal. Glad they link to his site though I'd like to see that at the top and more prominently displayed maybe in larger print....
Old 06-17-2012 | 11:08 AM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by esscape26
Brian:

Been enjoying the rennpoints.
I did notice that in the historic portion, when there is a co-driver, only one driver gets a record. And it was placed in a person's history by who was listed first of the pair in the results.

I know it doesn't count, but for me, it meant some of my enduros are not in my own records. My name was often not put in first. But trust me I drove a lot of the enduro laps.

Perhaps this affects new results, too, but I did not look that closely? In the past few years, the co-driver is often not listed at all in the results.
In terms of points scoring, that was how RennPoints used to work: the main driver of the car (usually defined by who ran the sprint races) got the points for the enduro. When RennPoints switched to scoring for the PCA championship, one of the rules changes was that enduro drivers split the points for the race.

If you want to see all of the races you were in (even if you were the co-driver), you can see it under "driver history"

Quick Reply: List of Current PCA Points?