Sponsored by:

Nitto NT-05 lifespan

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 03:46 PM
acao
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitto NT-05 lifespan

For track use, does the Nitto NT-05 have life past the wear bars? Can I take them down to cords?

We can assume these tires are for track use only, in dry conditions, without consideration as to heat cycling.

Thanks.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Cayman_Sense
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by acao
For track use, does the Nitto NT-05 have life past the wear bars? Can I take them down to cords?

We can assume these tires are for track use only, in dry conditions, without consideration as to heat cycling.

Thanks.
Very little past the tread. Lasted me 3 full track days. That's it. Yoko AD08s were FAR better in terms of grip and lasted me at least 8 days before I sold them with 50% tread left.

Now, if you meant NT01s, there have been a few people who have taken them down to the cords and they last much longer than NT05s and are a true track/DE tire.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:24 AM
acao
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cayman_Sense
Very little past the tread. Lasted me 3 full track days. That's it. Yoko AD08s were FAR better in terms of grip and lasted me at least 8 days before I sold them with 50% tread left.

Now, if you meant NT01s, there have been a few people who have taken them down to the cords and they last much longer than NT05s and are a true track/DE tire.
Thanks. I didn't mean NT01's. I "inherited" some NT05s that are nearing the wear bars. I was wondering if I had a few more weekends out of these, or if I needed to start picking out my next skids. NT01s don't come in the sizes I need, strangely. I'm looking at R888 and RA1 next. AD08 dropped off my radar when I no longer needed any streetability, but I'll give it some thought if they're a step up from NT05.

Quick Reply: Nitto NT-05 lifespan