Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:29 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 500_19B
The anti-Alonso bias here is very, very strong. I know we had to suffer through the nonsense of A. Wayne and, yes, there are still some on here that have a large pro-Alonso bias (but then we all have our biases). However, to continually run the guy down over and over is a bit crazy IMO.

He is one of (if not THE) very best right now. He is in his prime and that win in Malaysia was a great example of a driver getting the maximum out of a car. I've always felt he is one of those guys that will find a way to win when given just a little chance. As far as "lack of character"... meh, I don't agree. If you pick and choose, you can make any one of these guys look like a hero or villian by focusing on and blowing up comments and incidents.

Please, continue ...
Old 04-23-2012, 05:30 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 500_19B
The anti-Alonso bias here is very, very strong. I know we had to suffer through the nonsense of A. Wayne and, yes, there are still some on here that have a large pro-Alonso bias (but then we all have our biases). However, to continually run the guy down over and over is a bit crazy IMO. He is one of (if not THE) very best right now. He is in his prime and that win in Malaysia was a great example of a driver getting the maximum out of a car. I've always felt he is one of those guys that will find a way to win when given just a little chance. As far as "lack of character"... meh, I don't agree. If you pick and choose, you can make any one of these guys look like a hero or villian by focusing on and blowing up comments and incidents.
+1000

All these guys are great drivers with enormous talent. Their desire to win can be misinterpreted as "lack of character". Schumi took advantage of Rubens moving over and was the king of the starting grid chop, Senna dispossed of Prost leading to championship and so on and so on.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:33 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Well, this is a thought out response using logic to help predict a likely winner. Not some pie in the sky, I wish, I wish my favorite would win.
I'm with you on the Hamilton for the win pick though I would like to see Schumacher or Vettel on the top step.
I got one of three right. Once again Kimi did a great job.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:36 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Guys, I don't want to over simplify this, but a Mercedes powered car has never won a race at Bahrain since it's inception in 2004 -- never. With the utter dominance of MB powered cars this year throughout the entire podium, I thought it would be different, but the results don't lie as the top 4 cars were all Renaults. Odd given the long straights, but MBs just don't like that track.

Should be interesting to see what the teams bring out to the 1st in-season testing since the new rule came out. Three day testing next week May 1-3.
I was a bit shocked at that as well Pete.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:59 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Guys, I don't want to over simplify this, but a Mercedes powered car has never won a race at Bahrain since it's inception in 2004 -- never. With the utter dominance of MB powered cars this year throughout the entire podium, I thought it would be different, but the results don't lie as the top 4 cars were all Renaults. Odd given the long straights, but MBs just don't like that track.

Should be interesting to see what the teams bring out to the 1st in-season testing since the new rule came out. Three day testing next week May 1-3.
Given the dominance of MB powered cars so far this year, they had to be the odds on favorite to sweep the podium. We will never know how it would have been if not for the botch pit stops, though a sweep was out of the question. I am pleased with the outcome. Nice to see things getting mixed up at the top. Could Webber turn out to be the quiet winner? He is 4 for 4 in 4th.

Originally Posted by agdamis
I got one of three right. Once again Kimi did a great job.
Yes he did. He doesn't seem to have lost a step in the years he has been out.

I say GoPro. It will be my upgrade sometime before VIR. Good intergration with Traqmate.

Quick Reply: 2012 Grand Prix of Bahrain