Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Atlanta PCA club race complainer, who may it be??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012 | 02:09 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Default Road Atlanta PCA club race complainer, who may it be??

Hi all not sure if this is where I should ask this question but since it is the racing forum thought I would start here.

backround.. did the PCA club race several weeks ago, GT1R. car was getting set up with many changes, suspension and brakes. Also had a coach for the weekend.

beginning of the weekend was in rain on rain tires. My coach drove the car on track as did I. No incidents.

did all the practice starts and both sprint races and entire enduro.

no 13/13, no off track no "close calls" nothing

Myself, crew and coach all in all thought wow great weekend!

Now to the point....I get an anonymous letter sent from the Breakers hotel, it said in short my driving was dangerous blah blah blah.

If anyone reading this that was there thinks that please contact me so I can apologize and maybe learn something.

If the person who actually took the trouble to MAIL ME A LETTER please be man enough to call or talk to me so I can clear things up with you in person.

I had all clean races with nothing even the least bit close so like to know what the problem may be

also I wasnt the only one driving the car that weekend

thank you

tom kerr

this is my car..........
Old 04-13-2012 | 02:31 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow...

OK, admit it - you're not really actually interested in the opinion of some passive-aggressive complainer, you're actually just wanting to associate a car with this complaint so as to know who to steer clear of in the future, right?

..'cause I would.
Old 04-13-2012 | 02:36 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Wasn't me!
Old 04-13-2012 | 02:51 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

VR? Where heck is the Breakers?
Old 04-13-2012 | 02:53 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

This has real potential as a thread, but "man enough"(?) ... never quite understood that one.

I remember vividly the car that passed me on a cool down lap at NNJR a few years ago and "flipped the bird". Similar concept I suspect. He never bothered to seek me out to explain either. You guys in GT1R are probably just a lot more sophisticated ... you got a letter and I got the finger.

My guess is if your letter writer had a real problem with something you did, he would have sought you out (unless he offered some specifics in the blah, blah, blah part).
Old 04-13-2012 | 03:08 PM
U4EEAH
Racer

I also wanted to seek you out at Road Atlanta... we had some great wheel to wheel racing. I wouldn't loose any sleep over this. I had a brain fart in the fun race, forgot it was a practice start and blew through two sets of yellows half way down the back straight. A fellow racer found me and reamed me a new ... That is how someone with a legitimate issue handles things.
Old 04-13-2012 | 03:09 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Maybe he's just jealous.
Old 04-13-2012 | 03:18 PM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Isn't the Breakers in West Palm Beach???
Old 04-13-2012 | 03:18 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by U4EEAH
I also wanted to seek you out at Road Atlanta... we had some great wheel to wheel racing. I wouldn't loose any sleep over this. I had a brain fart in the fun race, forgot it was a practice start and blew through two sets of yellows half way down the back straight. A fellow racer found me and reamed me a new ... That is how someone with a legitimate issue handles things.
Kevin funny you posted this, I did come look for you! I enjoyed the race with you and really learned alot from you and your line.

As for the original reason I posted was really one of suprise, I enjoy going to the races and racing and and as safe as safe can be, but it is a race afterall.

I love to learn how to grow and improve (why I had a coach at the track) and would like to see what someone thought I may or maynot have done that I could correct.

Hopefully I will get the chance. And I am thinking it probably isnt someone that frequents Rennlist.

But I really appreciate the insights

tom
Old 04-13-2012 | 03:26 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Sounds like someone with too much time on his hands. If I was at the Breakers (assuming we're talking about the high end Palm Beach hotel), I wouldn't be sitting around writing letters!
Old 04-13-2012 | 04:25 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

This sounds like a case for CSI. They can do a DNA test on the envelope and possibly be able to determine what type of pen was used in writing the letter. If it was typed they can probably tell you the manufacturer and model of the printer and narrow your search. You should have this resolved in about 57 minutes including commercials.
Use the letter as toilet paper and laugh it off or frame it and use it as comic relief.
Car looks great BTW.
Old 04-13-2012 | 10:25 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJR911
Sounds like someone with too much time on his hands. If I was at the Breakers (assuming we're talking about the high end Palm Beach hotel), I wouldn't be sitting around writing letters!
+1

Tom, I thought you did very well. You didn't put a wheel wrong, you did a new personal best, your car is working a lot better.

Maybe you passed someone who drives "flat out" who didn't think you were as fast as you are?

I'd ignore it. As Kevin said, if there were a real problem, the driver (or a Steward) would have sought you out on site..
Old 04-13-2012 | 10:36 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

That's cool. Put it in your log book.

I saw a guy get in another guys face before he could get out of the car at at DE last weekend at Summit Point. It ended witha handshake it looked pretty heated. Wild stuff.
Old 04-13-2012 | 10:58 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

I wasn't there but I remember a car like that yellow one in your avatar in '11 at Sebring that would drag race you to every turn then slow you down in the turn. Most people don't like that, let 'em by. That's how you win in DE. Maybe that's not you, just some ideas.
Old 04-14-2012 | 12:24 PM
al@cpt
Former Vendor

Wasn't me either, but I would just blame VR.

Quick Reply: Road Atlanta PCA club race complainer, who may it be??