Originally Posted by paradisenb
How about opining on his character.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Fernando Alonso, the de facto 2012 WDC, is a humanitarian, philanthropist and will likely be canonized by the Pope.
It was said that Mother Theresa tried to live her life in Alonso's shadow and footsteps.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:41 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi, Soren. Welcome. Glad you dropped by.
Of course you are you have another friend in the "I hate Alonso for his character although I can't prove it and won't listen to anyone or anything that may suggest he is top flight driver.........club"
Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Soren - great story. Thanks! For AGdamis - I don't see Alonzo as being the instigator of all this, it seems like it was Santander and big$$ centered on Massa that drove the deal.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:46 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Fernando Alonso, the de facto 2012 WDC, is a humanitarian, philanthropist and will likely be canonized by the Pope.
It was said that Mother Theresa tried to live her life in Alonso's shadow and footsteps.
Lewis - once the canonizing ceremony is complete I am sure you will be the first to be on here talking about "Popegate"

On to China............
Old 04-12-2012, 11:51 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Soren - great story. Thanks! For AGdamis - I don't see Alonzo as being the instigator of all this, it seems like it was Santander and big$$ centered on Massa that drove the deal.
Bob I think you are most likely right but this is the, it's always Alonso's fault and dare not have a different opinion forum, so I am sticking with the rules.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:21 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by agdamis
Lewis - once the canonizing ceremony is complete I am sure you will be the first to be on here talking about "Popegate"

On to China............
Correct.
I am sure that Alonso would be unhappy with # 2 status and then blackmail the Catholic Church in an effort to remove the Pope.

The Pope would then suffer a timely "crash" of his Popemobile, thus allowing Alonso to declare himself #1 on the Catholic Racing roster. His first official act would be to excommunicate Ron Dennis and Cannonize Pat Symmonds and Nelson Piquet Jr.

I can then see Flavio Briatore as Head of the College of Cardinals.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Soren - great story. Thanks!...
+1

As you said, all the info there is already known but it's an interesting read to have it as a timeline.

You could add the stuff that Ferrari changed when Massa had his accident in Hungary when they went from doing everything the way Massa wants, while really not listening Kimi's wishes at all, to listening him (Kimi) because they were forced to and look what happened to competitiveness of Kimi and his car.

They (Ferrari) have admitted that and I think even Kimi (who never talks about the **** that's going on behind the scenes) fairly recently mentioned something related to that in Racer or some other magazine.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Eifeler
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn

They (Ferrari) have admitted that and I think even Kimi (who never talks about the **** that's going on behind the scenes) fairly recently mentioned something related to that in Racer or some other magazine.
New found respect for Kimi for not airing the dirty laundry in public.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:15 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Correct.
I am sure that Alonso would be unhappy with # 2 status and then blackmail the Catholic Church in an effort to remove the Pope.

The Pope would then suffer a timely "crash" of his Popemobile, thus allowing Alonso to declare himself #1 on the Catholic Racing roster. His first official act would be to excommunicate Ron Dennis and Cannonize Pat Symmonds and Nelson Piquet Jr.

Love it! I generally don't agree with your view on Alonso but you are creative!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:36 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,328 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Kimi is the "I don't give a ****" kind of guy.... we all know that... and he got paid enough to never work a day in his life. The question is will Kimi be able to move to a top team where he may contend for a WDC again?

Hamilton's contract is up at the end of this year. Could Button and Kimi get along at McLaren? I think they absolutely could.

Could Kimi and Vettel co-exist? Not as well as Button and Kimi, IMHO.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Kimi is the "I don't give a ****" kind of guy.... we all know that... and he got paid enough to never work a day in his life.
Plus he scored a nice looking wife....

Old 04-12-2012, 05:47 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Correct.

You owe me a keyboard, Lewis.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Soren
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Pete
Credit to you for coming in here an discussing the article.

I highlighted the mistakes in the paragraph above to illustrate the amount of mistakes he made. As anyone knows, it's usually the person who makes the least amount of mistakes that wins the WDC. Reference Fernando Alonso in 2010. If he would not have made some many mistakes, he would not have to had to rely on passing Petrov in a slow Renault to secure the WDC. The fact is he (FA) made too many and did not win the WDC as Kimi did in the year in question. With regard to SPA and tricky conditions, well these are the types of things that make or break a WDC bid. If I remember correctly he was battling with Hamilton for the lead and Kimi took his car into the wall where Hamilton went on to secure maximum points. Tricky conditions, yes, major mistake as well.

Finally, it's a bit unfair to say that if DRS was in use during that year Kimi would have done better, as you can say that about anything and any year about anyother driver on grid. IF Button did not have the double diffuser with Brawn GP would he have been WDC in 2009?
Cheers.
Yes, you are right. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas. That much is true. As for the DRS comment, that was only my way of underlining that it wasnt for lack or performance or speed that he was getting ousted from Ferrari
Old 04-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Soren
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Ray S
Welcome to the Rennlist funny farm where all things F1 are often debated with plenty of passion and vigor. Stick around for a while, you might like the place.
Thanks. You all seem like nice chaps. Now I just need one of those lovely cars that you have in your avatars And then take it on the Ring.
Hi, Soren. Welcome. Glad you dropped by.

The burning question many of us would like to know is: what do you think of Fernando Alonso? How about opining on his character.
Cheers for that.
Are you asking me to cause even more stir? Ok then. Dont mind if I do It just so happens that I have a post ready just for that question. Convenient, right?

Here you go: http://f1bias.com/2010/03/15/my-beef-with-alonso/

Quick Reply: THE TRUTH ABOUT KIMI RAIKKONEN, FERRARI AND SANTANDER IN 2008