Sponsored by:

Rottec Seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Burkey
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rottec Seats

I have been looking at these seats for my 993 TT, have read some issues with compliance at DE'S. can anyone clear up if these will be an issue at PCA events.

http://www.rotteccarbon.com/seat.php

Thx
Burkey
Old 04-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

There were two GT3 seats FS yesterday at Limerock that may be better for you, no idea where you are located though.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:42 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I can't say if they will be an issue with compliance at DE's, but consider that seats are part of your safety system in the car. I hit a wall going backwards at 70mph, and my FIA compliant seat deformed as it is designed to do, and I waled away. Suppose it had broken instead?

Personally, I would not put seats into a car that are not either from the manufacturer, or FIA compliant, and I don't think I would instruct in seats that didn't meet those standards either.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:12 PM
jittsl
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Mike on this. It's not like these seats are cheap. For less I could buy FIA approved seats from one of the reputable manufacturers. DEing can put you in extremely dangerous circumstances and I cannot see any reason to add to the risk.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:17 PM
jittsl
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry I forgot to answer your actual question. I do to know where you are but most PCA regions that I know of would not stop you fom using these seats. What makes you think there would be issue? Even club racing would let ou use them provided you installed a seat back brace. As I stated above however, I would advise otherwise.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:05 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe

Personally, I would not put seats into a car that are not either from the manufacturer, or FIA compliant, and I don't think I would instruct in seats that didn't meet those standards either.
It is same exact thing my mechanic told me - there are oem seats, then recaro and some other proved brands to choose from.

Quick Reply: Rottec Seats