Sponsored by:

Sebring Race Coverage

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 10:12 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sebring Race Coverage

Been watching it for a while now on ESPN3 and I know that a lot of people are angry it's not on TV but I gotta say the quality of the video and the quality of the reporting/announcing is REALLY good. Even if it was on TV, the coverage would suck.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:02 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Watching it as well... Not bad. Couldn't get it running via my Playstation browser on the flat panel, so have been enjoying it on the laptop...
Old 03-17-2012, 11:10 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Coverage is good, but having to deal with the resolution and skittish playback is a shame...not worthy if the content.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:02 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Brighthouse Road Runner here in Tampa said I was not auth'd to watch this. ALMS BLOWS! they make it darn near impossible to be a fan and follow there sport.

While at the race this morning I could catch some espn3 coverage on various monitors....well the signal feed wasn't even HD not even standard def...picture quality totally stunk.

You'd think FIA/ALMS could do a better job to involve the fans....with out us they will not be around for long.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:07 AM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I watched it via espn3.com hooked up to a Samsung 55" flat screen LED super duper smart TV.

picture was amazing, just a notch off HD.

the only issue I had was occasionally during pit interviews the audio and video weren't perfectly synced.

but yeah, I wish they had a proper TV package for the casual fan; it was a great show, as usual.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:14 AM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

should be nice to watch the 12 hour race tomorrow on ABC for 2 hours. It will have only been over for 13hours or so...
Old 03-18-2012, 02:22 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Last laps....Joey Hand is incredible!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:34 AM
DanS911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to Radio shack and picked up a cable, used my 60" flat screen as a monitor even had an audio jack on it. Picture quality was not too bad, there is a quality meter on the bottom of the page that went from one bar to five bars and all the sudden it was VERY clear, announcers much more interesting than most. Still they make it a pain to watch the event.

You would think that after all the bitchin' we did last year these folks would have come up with a deal with someone.
Girls high school softball was on cable that day... geeze
Old 03-18-2012, 10:09 AM
jsabatini
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

No problems with my Brighthouse in Tampa. Going through the WiFi was not the best signal but hardwired into the modem worked great. Had dual monitors going so I could watch the race on one and have timing and scoring up on the other. Did hear their interview with Scott Altherton, or whatever his name is still talking about how this format is the way to go, are you kidding me. It is a cool option, but no way is it better than live TV on the HD big screen with premium sound system. It would be pretty cool to be at the race and have it on your iPad or whatever.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

I thought the ESPN3 coverage was great and I only wish regular TV races as good. The much "fewer than usual" commercial breaks was really awesome and the varied coverage from the Helicopter to in-car to regular camera was fantastic. Normal televised races are never as good with all the commercial crap -- to me it felt almost like a closed circuit broadcast with commentary.

My guess is in the future when technology starts allowing more of this in HD quality they'll find a way to muck it up with selling ad space.

Quick Reply: Sebring Race Coverage