Sponsored by:

Big thanks to Tony at Trackvision

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 01:36 AM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Big thanks to Tony at Trackvision

Right around seven years ago, I ponied up for the Trackvision software so I could overlay data on my track videos. I've got a DL1, and the information it provided was very useful -- but it never showed up on my videos. I've always used Macintosh computers, and first tried emulation software for running Trackvision, then even bought an inexpensive Windows laptop for racing stuff (the DL1 software is also Windows native) -- but still just couldn't get it through my thick head to merge the video and the data with the software and get it all put together.

I'm not really all that bright, truth be told.

But I'm persistent.

So finally -- seven years of racing and driving later -- I got a different video kit put together and Tony very graciously helped me get set up again with his software. It finally all came together this past week, and I now have a video where I can see how fast I'm going in every corner of my home track.

Here's my latest lap from Willow Springs, which is also a new personal best laptime.

I'm still working out some kinks with video quality and the sound recording. I can't imagine why, but the little camera mounted on my rear license plate seems to get the least amount of wind noise. I shot this clip with three inexpensive HD cameras, and worked out the picture-in-picture with my computer's iMovie software.

Let me know what you think. And if you've got a high-speed connection, definitely watch it fullscreen in 720p.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:29 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Well done Jack! Nice lap as well!
Old 03-18-2012, 01:40 AM
MelanomaMan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great lap and video Jack!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:02 PM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Thanks guys.

It's fun to see the actual speeds at every part of a corner. I wish I'd learned this software sooner.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:08 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What Jack didn't mention is that he is doing all this on what he decribes as his 'pawn shop Windows laptop'. It does pretty well, and the video looks great!
Nice work, Jack. Oh, and welcome back :-)

Quick Reply: Big thanks to Tony at Trackvision