Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

2012 Australian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 10:21 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
Choosing a McLaren driver is not an upset. McLaren is just as good as Red Bull is, possibly better at this point in the year. Now selecting a 2nd tier team for the win, that's an upset. Can Kimi win? He's got the talent, does he have the car? Only time will tell.
I hope you're right, or we'll all be falling asleep in front of our TVs again.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,885 Likes on 972 Posts

Practice:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mot...nanswered.html
Old 03-16-2012, 04:03 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

Schumi is up there??!!

at the dull end HRT look bad, very bad.........gotta wonder whats going through PDR head
Old 03-16-2012, 07:48 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interesting practice - glad the season is finally starting!

I think Jenson Button FTW he seems to be just at the height of his powers, smart, cool, and has a beautiful finesse with the car... I think Perez is looking good, too. Fingers crossed that Ferrari is sandbagging...

I see they will be streaming practice 3 tonight (Friday) at 11pm ET/8pm PT before qualifying on TV. Will Buxton is back in the pits...
Old 03-16-2012, 08:16 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Pretty exiting stuff! Watched FP1 and part of FP2 last night, Mercedes looks strong and Button on top of his game... Cant wait for tonight! I think Red Bull are the biggest sand-baggers of all times, but they may not be that far ahead as people think they will be...

By the way I WISH we could subscribe to the Sky Digital F1HD channel. I found a feed last night were I watched it from, the coverage was superb and I really like Damon Hill commentating. I really got my fix of F1 and wanted more as in between FP1 and FP2 they played a tribute to Fittipaldi, some other interesting old stuff as well as a good chat with Murray, Mansell, Hill. I cant imagine watching this on HD on my TV and having access to their "race director" which has different feeds from in car cameras. Simply astonishing! Lucky Brits!

Who can we lobby to get access to this channel? I'll gladly pay to have access to this channel and not to have to deal with the luckluster, crapola, reality garbage, "Speed" channel and the non existent TSN here in Canada...
Old 03-16-2012, 10:11 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am finally glad the F1 season has started. If the track is wet, I think that will favor Hamilton, Alonso and Schumy. If the track is dry, it is going to be tuff beating Red Bull and McLaren. Can hardly wait for qualifying
Old 03-17-2012, 12:57 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 774 Posts

The wait was long but finally the season started!
Rooting for raikonen's come back. Button ftw. Really not a fan of the Alonso girl, but I must say the car control with lower downforce is again very impressive...
Old 03-17-2012, 04:28 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Looks like McLaren might be set to run away with the title this season. However Romain Grosjean ... wow the dude had a great qualifying session in Melbourne.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:32 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,293 Likes on 1,873 Posts

Grosjean has gotten SO much stronger after his stints in GT1 and GP2 during his "comeback." Best French driver in a LONG time and will spank Kimi, mark my words.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-17-2012, 09:33 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Wow the best F1 driver ever is doing so well - oh, wait - never mind, he crashed out. How can that be.

Congrats to LH. Great drive. Love where the Mercedes are right now. RB slightly off the pace, but that won't last long. A couple of tweeks and they will run with McL and Merc.

Grosjean really looks good in his comeback.
Too bad for Kimi. I wish he would have gotten another lap. He will need a couple of races to get his F1 mojo back on.

GO Schumacher!!!
Old 03-17-2012, 10:54 AM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No more question that Ferrari is sandbagging. Fernando stuck in Q2 and Massa behind him. Grojean has stepped up to the plate, and MBZ may prove to be a force to reckon with. Hamilton is on his game and his biggest competion may be his team mate The RBs may have to work harder this season. Lastly, Perez continues to impress me
Old 03-17-2012, 11:05 AM
993-CT
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJF1
....snip...

By the way I WISH we could subscribe to the Sky Digital F1HD channel. I found a feed last night were I watched it from, the coverage was superb and I really like Damon Hill commentating. I really got my fix of F1 and wanted more as in between FP1 and FP2 they played a tribute to Fittipaldi, some other interesting old stuff as well as a good chat with Murray, Mansell, Hill. I cant imagine watching this on HD on my TV and having access to their "race director" which has different feeds from in car cameras. Simply astonishing! Lucky Brits!

Who can we lobby to get access to this channel? I'll gladly pay to have access to this channel and not to have to deal with the luckluster, crapola, reality garbage, "Speed" channel and the non existent TSN here in Canada...
+1

i started watching the BBC feeds couple of years ago - and the difference with the SPEED coverage is astonishing (then again how good can the coverage be with 3 out-of-touch fogeys sitting in a booth in North Carolina) I'd pay to watch the BBC/Sky feeds - so let me know where I can sign up...
Old 03-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lolaman
Grosjean has gotten SO much stronger after his stints in GT1 and GP2 during his "comeback." Best French driver in a LONG time and will spank Kimi, mark my words.
Agree with you except for the last sentence...
Gros is a real force to be reckoned with, will be good for Lotus to have two good drovers.
Lotus looked real good but what a mess up with the timing/communication in Q1 with Kimi...

Great to see McLaren and MB so much better when compared to RB OS last year and also other teams being closer, should be exiting year!

Last edited by Flying Finn; 03-17-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:07 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 432 Posts

Unfortunately with no testing I think RB and Ferrari are on their heels for the rest of the season. It appears as though (from past seasons) that McLaren were the only team capable of developing their cars in the tunnel and on paper. The past two seasons RB has had the soundest fundamental design from the outset and was strong on every track. I'd be shocked if they can develop their car into a championship winner this season. However, what the hell do I know about these kinds of predictions? My crystal ball broke around 1:30PM on August 28th, 1965.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:48 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Agree with you except for the last sentence...
Gros is a real force to be reckoned with, will be good for Lotus to have two good drovers.
Lotus looked real good but what a mess up with the timing/communication in Q1 with Kimi...

Great to see McLaren and MB so much better when compared to RB OS last year and also other teams being closer, should be exiting year!
One thing is for sure, how close Kimi is to his previous form will certainly be tested by the young fellow.

Quick Reply: 2012 Australian Grand Prix