Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

35 Days until Limerock's 1stt day

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

and cabinets, and shelves, and on and on....
Old 03-04-2012, 09:05 PM
ltusler
Three Wheelin'

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts

Only 60 days for us at Brainerd!
Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 844 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by white924s
My track season starts in exactly 2 weeks (Schattenbaum 2 day DE at NJMP)
Me too!
Old 03-05-2012, 02:33 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
why CVR still does this crazy thing with disregarding driver`s home club run group? CVR events still get sold out so it is not an issue for CVR attendance, obviously, but it is just odd.
what in the world may be a reason good enough for a solo driver to sign into event in an instructed group? especially keeping in mind that event is usually overbooked so even if you get promoted at your very first session you will be stuck to run group you were signed for as other run groups are all full.

i personally prefer to drive lime rock with scda, it is less congested there, usually, than with any PCA club, but CVR practices are really odd. i do not think there is a single solo driver in NE or nearby clubs that did not drive lime rock. so what is the point?
Old 03-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by utkinpol
why CVR still does this crazy thing with disregarding driver`s home club run group? CVR events still get sold out so it is not an issue for CVR attendance, obviously, but it is just odd.
what in the world may be a reason good enough for a solo driver to sign into event in an instructed group? especially keeping in mind that event is usually overbooked so even if you get promoted at your very first session you will be stuck to run group you were signed for as other run groups are all full.

i personally prefer to drive lime rock with scda, it is less congested there, usually, than with any PCA club, but CVR practices are really odd. i do not think there is a single solo driver in NE or nearby clubs that did not drive lime rock. so what is the point?
What in the world are you talking about?
Old 03-05-2012, 02:58 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
What in the world are you talking about?
i am talking about a practice of CVR club to downgrade run group for any out of state driver who signs for an event.

so if you are white - you go into blue, but, alas, CVR has no blue, so it will be 'yellow' group which is by default a yellow instructed, from which you got to get into yellow solo, from which eventually you may get into your own white if you keep driving CVR events.

and what is way funnier - if you are blue (solo driver) - you go all the way down into green, to drive with those who see a race track for first time in their life, as there is no separate blue solo group in CVR - just a 'yellow solo' and default downgrade method is to drop you one 'color' level down. a truly interesting way to spend almost $300 and a whole track day after you get dropped not one but 2 levels down from your normal run group.

here is an excerpt from a CVR official announcement:
---------------------------------------
When out-of-region drivers attend a CVR event or one organized by CVR at Lime Rock, we pay particular attention to how often and when you have driven Lime Rock. THAT IS THE ONLY CRITERIA WE USE IN EVALUATING YOUR RUN GROUP PLACEMENT. Your status with your home region is of no concern to us. That said, if someone is a White driver with their home region, they will not be assigned to Green, but instead placed in Yellow. If you are an advanced driver but have never driven Lime Rock, you will be in Yellow Instructed to help you get a feel for the track quickly, with the goal of moving you to the appropriate run group ASAP (if applicable).

We have found over the years it is much easier to move a driver up a run group than down a run group. If you are in Yellow with your home region, we will place you in Green, and evaluate your skills. If you are in White with your home region, we will place you in Yellow. If you are Black with your home region, we will place you in White.

These assignments are made with one goal in mind – We want to have a safe and fun event. If we place you in a group that is way above your head at Lime Rock and you hold folks up, we then have 30 drivers who are unhappy. If, however, we place you in a slower group so you can get your feet wet and learn how to drive Lime Rock and you turn out to clearly belong in the next higher run group, we will happily move you up for the next run session or at the next event. In this scenario we have 1 driver to accommodate, not 30 drivers who are complaining about YOU. The logic is simple, sound and it works for everyone involved.

Finally, it always helps to keep in mind that this is Drivers Education.
-------------------------------
Old 03-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Actually I think that if you have experience at Limerock and your CI talks to CVR's CI you wouldn't be "demoted" but still may have to be checked out before running in your normal run group. What you, with all your DE experience don't get, is that every region is different and so are the advancement parameters. I've seen people from other regions come in saying they were Instructors that couldn't safely run in the Yellow group (a yellow GT3 IIRC)! I think that the way CVR does it now is best for the majority of participants and the great thing is you can run with SCDA, NASA, and other regions with a less stringent policy.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:00 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

god forbid i would argue against greater good for 'majority of participants' i just find it overly funny and odd, that`s all. each club may have its own rules, who would argue.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:40 PM
4WHLDRFTN
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ Ive been trackn for 15+ yrs,(trackmasters open track,nasa,scca race permt,bmwcca,etc,,) been to ITS (but don't want to instruct), since i'm a new member to PCA, i will have to be checked out also, with HVPCA on mon. 2nd and again on fri 6th with HCPCA,,, GET OVER IT, THAT'S THE WAY IT IS.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4WHLDRFTN
GET OVER IT, THAT'S THE WAY IT IS.
Yep, or just stay away, either way i'm happy..
Old 03-05-2012, 06:28 PM
4WHLDRFTN
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some just don't wanna find out, that there ***** are still in the trunk
Old 03-05-2012, 06:52 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

For a second I thought you were talking about the CVR race...... now that is definitely worth talking about......

Too bad my car won't pass sound, otherwise I would have attended, made you and Sean ride with me and force you both to reveal your "LRP secrets".....

Gary, the garage looks great!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Have Dan make you a muffler like Dick Strahota's with quick connects like we have for your straight pipes and stop yer cryin!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:24 PM
bsztanko
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys doing the test and tune?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:27 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Planning on it.......(test and tune that is.....)

Quick Reply: 35 Days until Limerock's 1stt day