Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S2 Race Car gear ratios at Road Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 10:58 AM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You were also locking up your right front near the apex of 7 as it became un-weighted. My humble recommendation would be to brake a little earlier and be on the gas sooner. I would not be trail braking or braking anywhere near the apex on 7 but ask the coach, he was there!
Old 03-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

John,

The 5th gear of the S2 sucks at Road Atlanta. In my last car (924S with 968 engine), the car would fall flat on it's face with the shift from 4-5 (on the back and front straight). Pop in a short 5th and you will be much happier.

Tim
Old 03-06-2012, 02:58 PM
johntorg
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nader, Thanks for the reply. I am really very happy with the car and it will go to the Dyno with the Behe chip tomorrow. It was such a rush to get the body beat into shape and get to the track (I basically had a day and a half to do it), I didn't even notice that it still had the stock chip in it. I still think 5th gear is a little too long for my taste. As an update, the bodywork is now done and I'm waiting for a weather window to repaint the fenders and front panels. The replacement bumper is red and will probably remain so. it matches the numbers. I also found that even after pulling the seat and ballast, the car with, my substantial weight aboard is 3033 lbs. One of us has to go on a diet. Re the transmission, don't give up on me but think lower price.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:04 PM
johntorg
Rennlist Member

Tim, my guts and the RacePak data confirm that you are correct. Disasterman, Thanks, so much for 944 Anti-lock brakes. The car has Turbo S front calipers and much more braking force than I am used to.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:14 PM
johntorg
Rennlist Member

The blue number 19 in my avatar is pending sale. It got me the 2010 an 2011 NASA SE GTS1 Championships and my first two wins in 2012. It will be missed. 2012 is a transition year to GTS2. I think the White (and red) number 91 will also be competitive, once I get it sorted to my liking.

Quick Reply: S2 Race Car gear ratios at Road Atlanta