Sponsored by:

NineMeister LSD for a 944

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012 | 10:58 PM
Spec944 #143
Advanced

Default NineMeister LSD for a 944

Does anyone know where I can get parts for an old ninemeister lsd

A couple of years ago I bought a 944 transaxle for the short fifth and it had an LSD as a bonus. the thiing looked to be in good shape so I put it in the car and it worked fine ever since. It has been time to freshen up the unit for a while (lots of wheel spin for a 140 HP car) and I had the shop pull it. I was expecting to find a tired stock unit (the previous owner had no knowledge of the tansaxle as it found it in a firehawk 968 he was rebuilding) and instead we found an old ninemeister unit. the guys at ninemeister (in the UK) were rather amused and shocked to find a 944 unit in a car in texas. they were very nice but were not able to help as they no longer carry parts for the old clutch based units.

does anyone have a knowledge about these and especially where to find parts?
Old 02-25-2012 | 11:21 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Originally Posted by Spec944 #143
Does anyone know where I can get parts for an old ninemeister lsd

A couple of years ago I bought a 944 transaxle for the short fifth and it had an LSD as a bonus. the thiing looked to be in good shape so I put it in the car and it worked fine ever since. It has been time to freshen up the unit for a while (lots of wheel spin for a 140 HP car) and I had the shop pull it. I was expecting to find a tired stock unit (the previous owner had no knowledge of the tansaxle as it found it in a firehawk 968 he was rebuilding) and instead we found an old ninemeister unit. the guys at ninemeister (in the UK) were rather amused and shocked to find a 944 unit in a car in texas. they were very nice but were not able to help as they no longer carry parts for the old clutch based units.

does anyone have a knowledge about these and especially where to find parts?
Can you post some pictures of the discs/plates and housing ? Also may need some measurements. I've seen a number of LSD's over the years and might be able to guide you in the right direction. If not I know a few guys that between all of us looking at it we can probably find you what you need to rebuild it.
Old 02-25-2012 | 11:23 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Who is Spec944 143 ? I know most of the Spec 944 guys in Texas, who is this ? Picture of your car will suffice.
Old 02-26-2012 | 01:50 AM
Sterling Doc
Rennlist Member

It's Todd Imwold. Transplanted from out west.
Old 02-26-2012 | 10:16 AM
onefastviking
Race Car

Originally Posted by Sterling Doc
It's Todd Imwold. Transplanted from out west.
Ah ok, I've heard we had a transplant but I don't believe I have met him yet.
Old 02-26-2012 | 12:36 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

I can help you figure it out...
Old 02-26-2012 | 02:15 PM
Spec944 #143
Advanced

I will get BJ at the shop take some pictures and get them posted and thanks for the offer of help.

Viking- I have been in texas for 2 years from Utah. I run in NASA and PCA- I have run the last two maverick races and the hallet pca races as well.

I will be sure to stop by and introduce myself at TWS (assuming the shop can get the sways and diff in the car- I have faith)

I think there is a more recent transplant from San Deigo.

Quick Reply: NineMeister LSD for a 944