Anyone With Connections with PCA- Real Case

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 10:50 AM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
I'd like to know this as well
My guess, and this is only a guess, is that PCA paid his legal fees. You will note that the same law firm represented all the PCA related players:

For DANIEL PETCHELL, PORSCHE CLUB OF AMERICA, INC., WATKINS GLEN INTERNATIONAL, INC., defendants: Albert J. D'Aquino, Saperston & Day, P.C., Buffalo, NY.

For PORSCHE CLUB OF AMERICA, Niagara Region, Inc., defendant: Lynda M. Tarantino, Esq., Albert J. D'Aquino, Saperston & Day, P.C., Buffalo, NY.

Interestingly, the "PCA law firm" did not represent the driver (who apparently, was trying to win her DE and suffered brake fade in the process) who caused the incident. Presumably, that is because there were possible divergent interests between her and PCA.

But without actually seeing the underlying paperwork, I can't say for sure.

Got that Gums or is that too much reading for you
Old 02-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow....fire up the Wayback machine, Sherman.

Haven't heard a couple of those names in years. Probably being on the receiving/defendant end of this crap soured them on the idea of speed. Wondered where they'd gone...this explains it.

Plus...half of the Hacker Express was, IMO, on the wrong side of this. Moral of story: Don't pretend to be an expert if you're not actually an expert. In the intervening two decades, has the court system tightened up the "expert testimony" requirements ? Jeezuz...I hope so.

$3000 rental fee at the Glen ? Hell...SCCA used to use the place for free.

Time marches on.

Quick Reply: Anyone With Connections with PCA- Real Case