Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yokohama Expands Their Contingency Program with NASA and POC.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:40 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Yokohama Expands Their Contingency Program with NASA and POC.....

Just announced this week but not yet posted, Yokohama has incresed their contingency payouts to include 3rd and 4th place finishers.

Initially triggered by 5 cars in class, the winner gets 2 tires and second place wins 1 tire. With 7 in class the third place car also gets a tire, and with 10 cars in class the 4th place finisher gets a tire. They wanted to spread the wealth so to speak and did a very nice job. POC's first race is this weekend and we have 10 cars already in 2 of our elgible GT classes with 7 or more in the other 2. Should be an rewarding weekend for many....
Old 02-10-2012, 10:13 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's great news. If slicks weren't such a huge penalty with NASA, I'd run the yokos in a heartbeat.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Laura
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Old 02-16-2012, 09:43 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 252 Posts

Where do you register for the program?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:50 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

For NASA
http://www.nasaproracing.com/conting...gency_Info.pdf

For all of NASA's contingency $$$$
http://www.nasaproracing.com/contingency
Old 02-16-2012, 10:04 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Thanks, I should have known that.

Yoko just converted me. I've been having pre-mautre cording issues with Hoosier and their contingency program has become increasingly less competitive. The next set of stickers that I buy will be Yokos.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:09 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jakermc
Thanks, I should have known that.

Yoko just converted me. I've been having pre-mautre cording issues with Hoosier and their contingency program has become increasingly less competitive. The next set of stickers that I buy will be Yokos.
Yoko does have a nice program.

I haven't had any premature cording issues, although still on DOT's. I do know many people on Hoosier slicks with no cording issues. My guess is that it may be more a car or setup issue than the tire. How are they cording ? Feel free to PM or email me as needed.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:18 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Yoko does have a nice program.

I haven't had any premature cording issues, although still on DOT's. I do know many people on Hoosier slicks with no cording issues. My guess is that it may be more a car or setup issue than the tire. How are they cording ? Feel free to PM or email me as needed.
My DOTs have been perfectly fine on the 911, its only an issue with the slicks.

I've experienced it on both the 996 and on the Ferrari. After great results with Hoosier in 2010 the problem started in April of 2011 with cording on the outside edge. Set-up has been confirmed, and reconfirmed multiple times including consultation with Hoosier. I've since increased camber beyond their recommended set-up, which helps, but I'm tired of chasing the issue when I can slap on Yokos or Michelins and run with no issue.

I do appreciate the offer though. More importantly I need to get my old 911 to you for the gear box!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,580 Likes on 825 Posts

You will like the Yoko's....
Old 02-16-2012, 10:36 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
You will like the Yoko's....
Friday last week I mounted a set on the Ferrari that came with the car. They were the wrong size (too skinny, causing understeer), of unknown heat cycles, and at least 18 months old. I got within 1.1 seconds of my best time on sticker Hoosiers. Different track conditions of course, but I kinda like my chances to get faster with them.

I thought about suing Hoosier for the dangerous condition of their tires, but then I realized I had an opportunity to buy a different brand if I did not like them.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:49 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

I actually have an idea what could be causing it on the 996, but the Yoko program is good so try that and if it doesn't work out for you then let me know and we can talk some more.

My DOTs have been perfectly fine on the 911, its only an issue with the slicks.

I've experienced it on both the 996 and on the Ferrari. After great results with Hoosier in 2010 the problem started in April of 2011 with cording on the outside edge. Set-up has been confirmed, and reconfirmed multiple times including consultation with Hoosier. I've since increased camber beyond their recommended set-up, which helps, but I'm tired of chasing the issue when I can slap on Yokos or Michelins and run with no issue.

I do appreciate the offer though. More importantly I need to get my old 911 to you for the gear box!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:51 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

I thought about suing Hoosier for the dangerous condition of their tires, but then I realized I had an opportunity to buy a different brand if I did not like them.

You should sue them anyway and then you will set precedence so you can sue the next brand at a later date.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:25 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Rob you have the option with Yoko of running their Clubsport line with 3 different compounds, or the 2011 Patron Cup tires at $1,800. per set. The Patrons are only availabe in the cup standard 240/640 and 280/680 sizes while the Clubsports have multiple sizing and compound options.

FWIW I use the Clubsports because I really like their 250/650 front tires combined with the 280/650 lower profile rear. Those fronts give me an additional 3/8 inch of rubber up front which really helps with understeer, and the rears effectively lower my final gear ratio significantly. I run them on 9's and 11's.

For compounds I run the 01 up front and the 02 in the rear. I've tried the softer 00 up front with 01 in the rear and they just don't cycle well. In your heavier car I wouldn't even consider those softer compounds. In 2 years I've never corded a Yoke, they just cycle out around 10-12 HC's. I run -3.5 front, -3.0 rear....

Quick Reply: Yokohama Expands Their Contingency Program with NASA and POC.....