Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hans for this years DE's

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012 | 01:07 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Default Hans for this years DE's

I am running 3" Schroth 6 pt harness and the Hans guys say I'm good to go...What do y'all think?
thanks
Old 01-16-2012 | 01:18 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

If they've signed off on the mounting geometry and fixing, I would DEFINITELY wear your HANS, every time you go out.

It's crazy not to utilize every piece of safety equipment you have at your disposal, whether it's a DE, TT or Club Race. Good on you that you're pro-active.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 01-16-2012 | 01:22 PM
certz
Rennlist Member

I have 3" belts and use them with my HANS - no issues. Next time my belts come due I will probably go to the HANS compatible 2" belts but you have nothing to worry about.
Old 01-16-2012 | 01:47 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

No problem with 3" shoulder belts and HANS.
No matter who installed your belts, go the Scroth website in follow instruction to the letter for placement, spacing between belts and angle of the subs. A lot of people stick them in the car w/o giving any thought to the geometry.
Old 01-16-2012 | 01:48 PM
M758
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dwane
I am running 3" Schroth 6 pt harness and the Hans guys say I'm good to go...What do y'all think?
thanks
Use them. I used 3" schroth belts with my HANS. Nice thing about 3" belts is that if you have driver borrow the car without a HANS the belts are still ok.
Old 01-16-2012 | 01:55 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

I use 3 inch belts in my RS works fine with the Hans. The 2 inters in the ARIEL ATOM are a little easier to fit but you won't have trouble with the 3 inch belts. Hope you have the sliding tether model!
Old 01-16-2012 | 02:03 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Also check the location/height/size of your seat's shoulder belt slots ... combined with the harness termination when incorrect can lead to spinal compression issues in an impact.
Old 01-16-2012 | 02:08 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

You're good to go Dwane. My first season of racing was with the 3" belts. I don't think you'll notice any difference.

c.
Old 01-16-2012 | 04:11 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hi Dwane
Good move to get the HANS; now make sure you use it!
First couple of years I had the original 3" belts with the HANS and they were fine (though never crash tested). When I updated to the narrower Schroth belts I liked the fit better. So I would say get the narrower belts as soon as you are ready, but its not absolutely necessary right now.
How's winter treating you? We have winter but almost no snow.
Old 01-16-2012 | 10:16 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Originally Posted by Lolaman
If they've signed off on the mounting geometry and fixing, I would DEFINITELY wear your HANS, every time you go out.

It's crazy not to utilize every piece of safety equipment you have at your disposal, whether it's a DE, TT or Club Race. Good on you that you're pro-active.
1-Installed by a Schroth dealer
2-Exactly what I'm thinking!
Originally Posted by certz
I have 3" belts and use them with my HANS - no issues. Next time my belts come due I will probably go to the HANS compatible 2" belts but you have nothing to worry about.
That's what I am thinking of doing....
Originally Posted by paradisenb
No problem with 3" shoulder belts and HANS.
No matter who installed your belts, go the Scroth website in follow instruction to the letter for placement, spacing between belts and angle of the subs. A lot of people stick them in the car w/o giving any thought to the geometry.
Thanks for the response...See above.
Originally Posted by M758
Use them. I used 3" schroth belts with my HANS. Nice thing about 3" belts is that if you have driver borrow the car without a HANS the belts are still ok.
Never thought about that...Thanks!
Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
I use 3 inch belts in my RS works fine with the Hans. The 2 inters in the ARIEL ATOM are a little easier to fit but you won't have trouble with the 3 inch belts. Hope you have the sliding tether model!
Got the sliding tether...Thanks Bob!
Originally Posted by ltc
Also check the location/height/size of your seat's shoulder belt slots ... combined with the harness termination when incorrect can lead to spinal compression issues in an impact.
Schroth dealer installed...Thanks
Originally Posted by Charles A. Toupin
You're good to go Dwane. My first season of racing was with the 3" belts. I don't think you'll notice any difference.

c.

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
Hi Dwane
Good move to get the HANS; now make sure you use it!
First couple of years I had the original 3" belts with the HANS and they were fine (though never crash tested). When I updated to the narrower Schroth belts I liked the fit better. So I would say get the narrower belts as soon as you are ready, but its not absolutely necessary right now.
How's winter treating you? We have winter but almost no snow.
I spent the $ so I'll definitely use it. I will try some 2" belts next season in a similar car. Started the snow thrower for the first time last Thursday...Pretty easy winter soo far. See you soon.

Quick Reply: Hans for this years DE's