Sponsored by:

Daytona International onboard Porsche 997 Cup with myself

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 08:22 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
Mike, someone in your car got a nice lap time, was that you? I could not make the practice sessions due to a big party I had for myself on Saturday.
I think I was quickest in the car, but we had some weird problems: setup issue on friday, someone there for the test only put it into the wall Saturday, then engine problems on Sunday afternoon. We still have some Rolex spec goodies to put on for the race so hoping to make it a little quicker to keep up with the Big Dogs.

Either way, there was a *clear* distinction between the Pros and the Joes. I was definitely a Joe this time around. :-)

Night session was more difficult than I was expecting. On TV it looks really bright....

-mike
Old 01-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Very jealous! This is going to be a great 24. Good luck to both of you.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Gus F
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, someone in your car got a nice lap time, was that you? I could not make the practice sessions due to a big party I had for myself on Saturday.
Hi Mike are you doing the Daytona 24? What Team and car # is yours?
I was there with HSR/Mission Trophy Cup about 6 weeks ago, with your ex-car, and posted a 1:54 Lap,.. I'm looking forward to see you in Sebring at the PCA's 48hrs...
Old 01-09-2012, 10:25 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gus F
I was there with HSR/Mission Trophy Cup about 6 weeks ago, with your ex-car, and posted a 1:54 Lap,.. I'm looking forward to see you in Sebring at the PCA's 48hrs...
Ya, I'll be in the #65 TRG car. Should be an interesting race.. definitely the biggest I've ever done!

-mike
Old 01-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Sean, thanks for posting. Good luck in both races!
Old 01-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Gus F
Instructor

Originally Posted by fleadh
Ya, I'll be in the #65 TRG car. Should be an interesting race.. definitely the biggest I've ever done!

-mike
Thanks Mike, I'll be following the race for sure, I wish I can do something similar one day!!,..
Nevertheless I was referring to Mike Piera, who's car I bought last year, anyway I hope you have a great time and good luck!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 12:07 AM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Thanks Mike, I'll be following the race for sure, I wish I can do something similar one day!!,..
Nevertheless I was referring to Mike Piera, who's car I bought last year, anyway I hope you have a great time and good luck!!!
Woops sorry, too many Mike's!

-mike
Old 01-10-2012, 03:51 AM
Sean Edwards
Intermediate

Thanks for all the wishes guys, hope to see lots of you there! I am in the number 26 Momo NGT Motorsport entry, pop by and say hi.

Originally Posted by Turb-OH Brad
Awesome. That was cutting it awfully close to that car spun at the exit of the busstop wasn't it? Good thing he was on the brakes and didn't roll down the banking into you.
Yeah not a good place to spin really, but I saw him spinning and saw he had stopped, so no problems :-)

Originally Posted by fleadh
Nice job Sean! I'm going to try and sneak a grappling hook to your car for the race to keep up. :P

Night session was more difficult than I was expecting. On TV it looks really bright....

-mike
Haha, no problem.. We need a tow in qualifying, fancy helping us out?? Not sure Kevin will be too happy about that though, sure he wants the 67 on the pole ;-)

First time at night? Trust me, you guys have luxury there, it's like driving in the day compared to Spa, Nurburgring, Silverstone or Dubai!!
Old 01-10-2012, 12:10 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sean Edwards
Haha, no problem.. We need a tow in qualifying, fancy helping us out?? Not sure Kevin will be too happy about that though, sure he wants the 67 on the pole ;-)

First time at night? Trust me, you guys have luxury there, it's like driving in the day compared to Spa, Nurburgring, Silverstone or Dubai!!
Hah! Ya I'm sure that'd **** him off more than me crashing the car! :P

I drove at night for the 25 Hours of Thunderhill this year which is pretty dark.. was just expecting Daytona at night to basically be a day session after watching it on TV. During the out lap everything seemed pretty close to a day time session so I started pushing. On the second lap the shadows and darkness was just enough to make it hard to find my normal reference points. Took a few laps to find some new ones!

See you at the end of the month, good luck to everyone on the forum running!

-mike
Old 01-10-2012, 01:21 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi Gus! You are flying in the old creamsicle!!!

I doubt I will run the 24 this year but I keep getting calls...

Let's qualify well at Sebring, need to start up front to avoid the mess. Last year my transponder was not working early on and it screwed up the whole weekend as I could never get in a good lap.

See you soon!
Old 01-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Gus F
Instructor

Hi Gus! You are flying in the old creamsicle!!!

I doubt I will run the 24 this year but I keep getting calls...

Let's qualify well at Sebring, need to start up front to avoid the mess. Last year my transponder was not working early on and it screwed up the whole weekend as I could never get in a good lap.

See you soon!
Mike I'll be happy to see you again in Sebring,... Yes, The car is great, I still have good room for improvement, but more important than that is all the fun and satisfaction I'm getting from racing.
I'll try to do a good job at qualy,... I'll try to improve my times!! Maybe the creamsicle can follow his old owner,...
Mike who are you going to be parked with? If you need or know of somebody who needs support we can provide some.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:02 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Gus,

My car will head down with Speedsport Tuning but we may paddock along with TRG, see you there!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:34 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Gus,

My car will head down with Speedsport Tuning but we may paddock along with TRG, see you there!
I will be there too. Nothing like a fun PCA Race in a nice relaxed environment with friends (? with 65 Cups on track might not be that relaxing!). Good therapy after my 1st 24.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:41 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I'll be there doing photo's...can't wait!

Sean I watch you on Speed Channel in th FIA Porsche Cup cars (F1 warm up).....I'd love to see any Sebring video's you have as that is my hometrack.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:39 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,065 Likes on 1,794 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I'd love to see any Sebring video's you have as that is my hometrack.
Mike, here is a marvelous recap of Sean and his teammate's weekend in GTC at the 12 Hours last year. The race craft is terrific!

http://youtu.be/1gE-OHbmppI
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Quick Reply: Daytona International onboard Porsche 997 Cup with myself