Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missed PCA Feb TWS, looking for alternatives

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012 | 12:04 AM
dotframe
Pro

Default Missed PCA Feb TWS, looking for alternatives

Sorry if this is a religious question I'm still new to DE and this forum.

I've been looking at DE groups here in TX since I missed the boat for the Feb LCR TWS event. Groups I've found with Feb events; Drivers Edge @ MSR Cresson, TWS PDS @ TWS, and NASA @ MSR Houston (late Jan).

I need to decide on a Feb event before I miss out completely (if I haven't already) but wanted to ask you guys your thoughts on the different groups above, and any I missed! My only experience so far is 1 DE at H2R.

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2012 | 01:11 AM
acao
Racer

I enjoy the TWS PDS @ TWS. Turnout is lower, so there's more driving room. Many of the LSRPCA instructors also instruct at the TWS.
Old 01-09-2012 | 02:08 AM
Defiant
Instructor

I also like the PDS at TWS. The crowds are much much smaller and instruction is usually very good. I got in PCA this Feb but may also go to PDS . Need the seat time!! I like MSR Houston but honestly prefer TWS.
Old 01-09-2012 | 02:26 AM
dotframe
Pro

Thanks guys.

Glad to hear the positive feedback about PDS at TWS. The lower turnout might be good for me since I'm so green!
Old 01-09-2012 | 02:52 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

How could you miss out on registration for the LSRPCA DE at TWS in Februrary??? There must have been open spots for at least 36 hours! Sheesh! Next time, try to be a little more attentive at registration time, and you'll see why it beats the other venues and clubs hands down.

BTW, Drivers Edge at MSR Cresson is just fine if you must make a Feb event, but there's a Maverick Region PCA DE at MSR Cresson a few weeks later on March 10/11. Look me up if you make it; I'll be glad to get you oriented.
Old 01-09-2012 | 08:15 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by acao
I enjoy the TWS PDS @ TWS. Turnout is lower, so there's more driving room. Many of the LSRPCA instructors also instruct at the TWS.
Yep. There is a very good chance I will be there coaching as well.

Originally Posted by Defiant
I also like the PDS at TWS. The crowds are much much smaller and instruction is usually very good. I got in PCA this Feb but may also go to PDS . Need the seat time!! I like MSR Houston but honestly prefer TWS.
Yep.

Originally Posted by ervtx
How could you miss out on registration for the LSRPCA DE at TWS in Februrary??? There must have been open spots for at least 36 hours! Sheesh! Next time, try to be a little more attentive at registration time, and you'll see why it beats the other venues and clubs hands down.

BTW, Drivers Edge at MSR Cresson is just fine if you must make a Feb event, but there's a Maverick Region PCA DE at MSR Cresson a few weeks later on March 10/11. Look me up if you make it; I'll be glad to get you oriented.
Russell, isn't the March Maverick event at ECR? I know April is at MSR Cresson...
Old 01-09-2012 | 08:27 AM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

The Maverick Region March 10/11th DE is at ECR.
Old 01-09-2012 | 11:43 AM
dotframe
Pro

Thanks again for the feedback! Seeing those endorsements I went ahead and reg'd for the PDS at TWS Jan 28-29. I thought it was in February but I was looking at the 2011 calendar.

Can't wait!!
Old 01-09-2012 | 11:59 AM
Horus2000
Rennlist Member

If you still want to do a Feb event, then The Driver's Edge @ MSR Cresson is a good option. Those are very well organized events run very similarly to a PCA event, but with a huge variety of cars. For DE's some people I know prefer them because they have a little more of a relaxed atmoshpere than PCA. Others don't like them just because of that reason.

MSR Cresson is a great track; shorter and more technical than most. Although TWS is my personal fav.
Old 01-09-2012 | 12:59 PM
CAM14
Instructor

In the area that is reasonably close to TWS, IMHO, PCA has the best program for green through Blue Solo students and top tier for all run groups. The structure and organization is very conducive to fostering a learning environment. There is a very good reason why PCA consistently sales out whilst some of the other groups have a difficult time filling their roster.

So, if you attend one of the other groups and leave a bit disappointed, make sure you join the next PCA DE for a positive experience.

Also, TWS is a real treat. Only tracks I’ve been to that can compete with TWS are VIR and Thunderhill. But for us in Texas, TWS has the best flowing configuration.
Old 01-09-2012 | 01:23 PM
Doug007
Racer

Originally Posted by ervtx
36 hours is generous. LSRPCA set a clubregistration.net record for this event with 61 signups in the first minute! The limit is around 200 for the event. Better get in within the first 5 minutes!

Can't go wrong with TWS PDS or Driver's Edge as alternatives. LSRPCA is where it's at though (obviously)...
Old 01-09-2012 | 04:26 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

I've also attended DE's by velocity adventures and RPM . One of them has DE's at TWS, but I did both mine at H2R
Old 01-09-2012 | 08:01 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CAM14
In the area that is reasonably close to TWS, IMHO, PCA has the best program for green through Blue Solo students and top tier for all run groups. The structure and organization is very conducive to fostering a learning environment. There is a very good reason why PCA consistently sales out whilst some of the other groups have a difficult time filling their roster.

So, if you attend one of the other groups and leave a bit disappointed, make sure you join the next PCA DE for a positive experience.

Also, TWS is a real treat. Only tracks I’ve been to that can compete with TWS are VIR and Thunderhill. But for us in Texas, TWS has the best flowing configuration.
+1
Old 01-10-2012 | 02:03 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRT41
The Maverick Region March 10/11th DE is at ECR.
Thanks for the correction. I must have been a victim of wishful thinking. I'll be there thrashing my brake pads nonetheless.
Old 01-10-2012 | 09:31 AM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

There's a NASA race at MSR Houston at the end of January that will have DE run groups.
I know MSR isn't as fun as TWS but it may give you a fix.

Quick Reply: Missed PCA Feb TWS, looking for alternatives