Sponsored by:

PBOC Sebring Winterfest – Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 07:35 PM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 64 Posts
Default PBOC Sebring Winterfest – Roll Call

Head south for some winter DE and racing fun: January 12-15, 2012. Looking forward to my first drive at Sebring (DE, not racing…). I am currently looking for a track car rental. Contacted NTech and Werkstatt; anyone have additional suggestions (or a car to rent / share?).

Now that the temps in Houston have plummeted down into the 60’s, I need to head south where it is warm…

SCHEDULE

PBOC SITE (REGISTRATION)
Old 11-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,558 Likes on 820 Posts

I will be there all days.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:02 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in, sharing a ride with Mike I. Hoping to repeat the 1st in class and 5th overall we took in last years 6 hour night enduro and the 1st in class we took in Friday's 90 minute enduro. Cant wait!!

PS..... Thanks to Dan Jacobs, Jerry Austin and the rest of the guys.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:32 PM
jenk12m
Banned

im in, not racing though
Old 11-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Dan Jacobs
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

We've got space on our transport for this event from Ct. Transport, full support whatever you need
Old 12-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 662 Likes on 357 Posts

I have never run with PBOC. Do they recognize solo/instructor credentials from PCA and/or Chin? Also what is the definition of "Super Solo"? I am trying to plan at Sat/Sun visit to the event, but don't know how to register. Chris Hall had talked about getting me a race license and running in one of the enduros, but I'm not sure my budget is going to allow that just now. Business has been sucky lately.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:09 AM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

@ Mark

Super Solo is the BEST. I was an early participant and member, it was by invite or on referral not sure how it is now. Group members self police and hold each other accountable. Group number is 100 and is open passing with NOBODY owning the track. Great group of guys, unfortunately now that I moved to the dark side I am not eligible to run with them. Get with Peter or Erik for more backgroud
Old 12-01-2011, 02:10 PM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
... Also what is the definition of "Super Solo"? .....
From the PBOC site:

What is Super Solo™ You Ask?

Super Solo™ was formed by PBOC Motorsports Club as a group to accommodate the most experienced and competent DE drivers in the club. Our particular brand is, we believe, second-to-none and is considered by many to be the standard by which many other programs are formed.

Unlike most other programs, however, each Super Solo™ driver is vetted by the Director to ensure that they possess the advanced skills and knowledge to drive among, arguably, the best DE drivers in the country. We consider instructors and very advanced solo drivers from within PBOC as well as from other clubs to be ideal candidates for Super Solo™.

The process to be admitted as a Certified Super Solo™ driver is straightforward: when you register for one of our Events, you register in your (current) appropriate group and, at the same time, request consideration for Super Solo™. That starts the process and shortly thereafter you will receive our Questionnaire via email. After you complete and return the Questionnaire, it is promptly evaluated by the Director and, if the qualifications and eligibility standards are met, you will be considered a Candidate for that next Event.

Once the Candidate successfully completes these requirements, they are assigned a permanent Super Solo™ number and advances into the group as a Provisional for three events. After driving three events without incident, the driver becomes Certified Super Solo™.

You may direct any inquiries you have regarding Super Solo™ directly to the Director, Bob Shuster: rs996@comcast.net

Super Solo™ is a Trademark of PBOC Motorsports Club, Inc.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 662 Likes on 357 Posts

Sounds good, I have touched base with Bob S the head of SS. He has reviewed my driving resume and and will be giving me a check out ride to hopefully join that group.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:17 PM
dacbap
Instructor

Great group to run with...
Old 12-02-2011, 02:34 PM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I will be there all days.
Hey Dave, are you (or anyone you know in TX) dragging a car down, or are you flying in? I am currently looking at renting a track car, but driving my own would be more fun if I could get it there.

Also, I may be able to drive Friday in the solo sessions. Do you have any coaching time available Friday? I am really looking forward to learning a new track, especially one with such history!
Old 12-02-2011, 03:17 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Hope I will be down with the cup.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

It's on my calendar, but we will see, that is always my busiest work time of the year
Old 12-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemming
It's on my calendar, but we will see, that is always my busiest work time of the year
I'm in for all four days

Super solo is a blast
Old 12-04-2011, 05:04 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 458 Posts

Thursday/Friday lapping only as I don't know the SS zecret handshake.

Peter

Quick Reply: PBOC Sebring Winterfest – Roll Call