Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know of any cayman track cars for sales?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 08:47 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check with John at BGB he can provide first hand insight
Old 11-27-2011, 09:06 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Cayman_Sense

Matt - looking forward to seeing the progress on the PDK LSDs...
Don't hold your breath. I'm not convinced that there's enough space inside that case to make an LSD that won't break. I've been promised a sample from several people, but so far one hasn't shown up in my doorstep. I'll know one way or another when one does get delivered, but I'm openly pessimistic about this one.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:49 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ernie J
The Mantissport Cayman is for sale, most sorted cayman out there. 2011 Watkins-Glen 2.05.4. large spares package. ITC win overall Mid-Ohio. WC legal. 1.30.4 @Mosport.
What kind of lap times did it run at Mid O ?
Old 11-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Ernie J
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid-Ohio

Lap Time 1.36.076
Old 11-28-2011, 12:18 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ernie, awsome car! u have any photos or links to the build?

ive seen your car a host of times, we've been on or near one another a few times, last time i think was at mosport when i was in the boxster.

the question i have is, if you're selling that thing, what you moving to next?
Old 11-28-2011, 12:43 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
I have a Boxster S for sale. It's a very well equipped NASA GTS3 car. It's a steal for what all it has in it.
Moton Club Sports, GT diff, all monoball suspension, full custom cage, RUF front bumper, 3rd radiator, CF hood, Aerocatch latches, custom rear wing, CF gurney, GT3 front spoiler, custom dive CF planes,Accusump, custom exhaust with headers, Grand Am larger and lighter brake set up, CCW wheels, light weight FG roof, current eng. dynos at 257 RWHP, can be made to make more hp, I've seen 270 RWHP with it. I could go on with the list but that should give you an idea, the sum of parts alone add up to more than the asking price. It was a brand new build for last year, so only has one season of NASA races on it.
Let me know if you have interest in it.
Viking
Dude. I've been asking about this car for a month. Still no info or pics.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 11-28-2011, 12:45 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ponzzzz
Hello,
Here is my 08 pca stock F class Cayman. Has all the goodies, built by DeMan Motorsport.

short list

All Gt3 suspension
AST 3 way shocks remote res
Guard LSD, Transcooler
Aim, smartycam
top notch cage
built this past summer raced and raced 2 times at monticello motor club, members only race
Best of the best, more details if interested, cup on the way so make me an offer.
looking for 65kish
Email me with the long list and more pics please. roger.burdette@comcast.net
Old 11-28-2011, 01:28 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Sorry Rog, just been busy building new cars. Email sent with pictures sent in a few emails. Seems your server didn't like them all in one email.
Let me know what questions you may have. I have more pictures I can send if interested in anything specific as well.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:32 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 549 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Roger, to give you an idea of Viking's abilities the 996 he built for Jay Matus is clearly superior to the Baby Cup. He did not have the development cycle on this car that he had on the 996, but you can be sure that this car is exceptional.

What he lacks in sales and marketing skills he makes up for with his car building.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:48 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jakermc
Roger, to give you an idea of Viking's abilities the 996 he built for Jay Matus is clearly superior to the Baby Cup. He did not have the development cycle on this car that he had on the 996, but you can be sure that this car is exceptional.

What he lacks in sales and marketing skills he makes up for with his car building.
Thanks Rob. Yeah, I do trust Viking and his work, no problem. He def knows what he is doing.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:21 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

one sweet car, but a great driver behind the wheel as well!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Ken89911T
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gee, Chris

Now look at the can of worms you've opened. Seems you want to get to the track w/ a dedicated track car. Good for you!

Seems most of the posts reference cars that are full-tilt race cars, or close to it. Maybe you're looking for a prepped-but-streetable Cayman to do DEs ?? If this is the case, PM me, I may know of such a car. Either way, welcome to the dark side!

Ken
Old 11-29-2011, 08:14 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Anyone checked with Spenser @ Speedsport Tuning in CT ( 1/2 hour away from Dan Jacobs) He has a bunch of well sorted Caymans in house......might know of one of his customer's cars for sale...I thinbk at one point the "Black Widow" was being offered...I think it was a Cayman Interseries pursposeful built machine. Worth a look/call if it fits your bill?!
Old 11-30-2011, 03:31 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 667 Likes on 338 Posts

Question. Is there any reason a somewhat beginner would buy a car like Ponzzzz (beautiful car, btw)? Or one of the other's being mentioned here? Wouldn't it be a "bit much"?

I'm not interested in buy/sell/buy/sell (i'm sure you've all said that, but I mean it), so was wondering if getting a car like the above would be something that I can learn with and grow into.

As I said earlier i have a professional driver coaching me, so i'm willing to make a commitment to get better. I've been told there may even be a tiny bit of aptitude LOL.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:51 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by E55AMG
Question. Is there any reason a somewhat beginner would buy a car like Ponzzzz (beautiful car, btw)? Or one of the other's being mentioned here? Wouldn't it be a "bit much"?

I'm not interested in buy/sell/buy/sell (i'm sure you've all said that, but I mean it), so was wondering if getting a car like the above would be something that I can learn with and grow into.

As I said earlier i have a professional driver coaching me, so i'm willing to make a commitment to get better. I've been told there may even be a tiny bit of aptitude LOL.
Depends on your goals and track activity. 3-4 times per year...keep the street car. Above that and really working to get better, don't trash your street car. Get a dedicated track car that you know will fit into the race classes if that is your goal. Very easy to buy a track car that doesn't fit well into race classes or fits into classes with very little competition. Winning is cool, but not so cool when you are only racing 1 or 2 cars. Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Quick Reply: Anyone know of any cayman track cars for sales?