Sponsored by:

87 911 Race Car Chassis - with 993 rear suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 10:24 AM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 87 911 Race Car Chassis - with 993 rear suspension

I am completely parting out my 911 race car.

I have other ads for other parts, but this is for the chassis. Just the chassis. I know there are other parts in the pictures but just the chassis.

This chassis was just stripped down to just the chassis, put on a rotisserie and sandblasted, then painted it with POR15 paint and built back up to what you see here.

I am stripping it back down to the chassis again to sell unless you want some of the other parts too.

It is made to take a standard 911 front suspension and a 993 rear suspension. This has worked out great. I have data from the car pulling down 1.85 G in the corners at Mid Ohio.

I raced this car for 3.5 years then pulled it apart to refit and repair an engine problem.

I ran a 2.1L turbo, 3.2L and 3.6L in it in the time I had it.

What I am told, it that at one point it had raced in the Speedvision (or whatever it was called back then) world challenge series in the late 90's as the Applebee's car.

Oh, I will include the rear quarter fiberglass and the rear bumper fiberglass. The doors and the front fenders/hood are not included (but for sale separately)

I will sell it as just the bare chassis for $3500

If you want the rear suspension (rubber replaced with Monoballs) $1800 more

If you want the 935 front suspension (wihtout the Ohlins strut tubes, just the 935 parts underneath) $1400

The Ohlins shocks and struts front and rear would be $5500 extra.

Build it how you want to. I have all the other parts in the pictures for sale as well.

Thanks

Ed

Quick Reply: 87 911 Race Car Chassis - with 993 rear suspension