Sponsored by:

How is Eagles Canyon?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Darren
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is Eagles Canyon?

Our Lemons team is discussing the possibility of towing from Philly down to Texas for the Lemons Race at Eagles Canyon in December.

How is the track/facilities/etc?

The garage paddock areas look oddly placed from the Google map -- where would we set up to get to/from the track to our paddock space quickly?

I appreciate any info!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:15 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Track has some covered paddocks near the garages and another paved and gravel paddock downhill from the grid and then another paved and gravel lower level paddock. I'd suggest a golf cart if you park in the lowest level since it is a fairly steep walk up to the track/club house. The track has a nice club house, with gas pumps.
Motels and stores are several miles (15ish miles) away. The track has some paving issues which have been improved over the years. Long straights with heavy braking zones, so bring extra pads.
I'd always rent a covered paddock for shade and they are closer to the track on the same elevation.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:24 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

You can rent the covered paddocks by going to the ECR web pages and clicking on the payment tab. Highly recommend you get one of those. Very friendly folks at ECR who will make you feel at home, and generally speaking the Texas racing crowd is a lot of fun.

Too bad it's not closer to the NASA race at TWS on Thanksgiving weekend. You could bring your 996 too. Or just make two trips. TWS is one of the hidden gems in US race tracks.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Horus2000
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Agree with everything said above....however, I find it a little bit boring, especially with an underpowered car (mine, not yours). It doesn't really have the big, fast sweepers of some of the other tracks in the area (TWS is awesome, MSR & Hallett are great too, but shorter & more technical). A lot of people really love ECR though. It has three "F1 style" double apex u-turns that are very important as two of them open up to long straights. Facilities are good, not great. It's a little out in the middle of nowhere, but I've found that the great atmosphere of the staff and the community of racers in this area make it definitely worth it. And to repeat the above, bring extra pads and make sure you've got fresh fluid. There are 3 long straights that end in heaving braking zones. Just my opnions...

Quick Reply: How is Eagles Canyon?