Default 1986 944 Spec car, HPDE or Track Car

Listed on Ebay....

White body, fresh build and is CLEAN!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190578684517
Old 09-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Sterling Doc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy Cow, this is a steal if it goes anywhere near the starting price!

What happend? When I met you at Cal Speedway, you were just starting process, and now out so soon?
Old 09-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Fooshe
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Longer story that the group will want to read about, but it is a valid question that should be answered.

In short, after considering a host of contributing factors put in front of me, I have determined that selling the car is the best option for me at this time. It really does pain me to do so as I have spent weekends hanging out with the So Cal 944 guys, instructing some of the drivers through race school and have made friends with most of them so I wanted to run with them, too. Trust me when I say that this is what is best for right now. I will shoot you a PM, or we can chat, if you want to hear the whole story.

And yes, someone is going to get an immaculate, prepared 944 track car that is turnkey and ready to go.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:56 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I have some questions about the car your selling, what is the buy it now price - didn't see one.

What are the parts on it (lsd, short 5th etc)

What is the story on the car and why your selling after just buying it?

You can PM me if you don't want to post here. thanks
Old 09-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Sterling Doc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Shoot me a PM when you can.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Fooshe
Racer

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
I have some questions about the car your selling, what is the buy it now price - didn't see one.

What are the parts on it (lsd, short 5th etc)

What is the story on the car and why your selling after just buying it?

You can PM me if you don't want to post here. thanks
No problem...I will post here.

LSD = Yes
Short 5th = yes
extra set of phone dials are included.
95k miles on donor chassis
New brakes, shocks, etc.
I would have to go through the paperwork to name everything, but I can tell you this, there is now over $16,000 in this car from buying the donor car to doing all the work on it. The prior owner was well off and didn't mind over spending on the car. I will admit, I picked it up for a great price, but spent a fair amount to get it in ready for the track.

If you want to see it in person, you are welcome to check it out.

I posted here so a rennlister might be the new owner.

As for the buy it now price, I don't have one. I have a reserve on the car and that is for what I have into it. However, I may let it go for a little less just so I can move on. I would tell you to consider what the car is and how fresh everything is on it. If you like it, make an offer based on what you see and know. I am pretty fair and realistic about the whole thing.

The basic story is listed on the ebay posting. I really didn't build the car, I finished it. The prior owner bought the chassis and had it built for the track. He did it for HPDE's and then wanted to go for 944 spec with his buddy. His buddy passed away and he lost interest to track it. I bought the car from him and had it finished for 944 spec or POC GTS. The car passed tech and is ready to race, or, just keep it as an HPDE or TT car. A few personal matters and change in priorities has now prompted me to sell the car as I don't see things changing for a few years. If they do, I will find a 944 to race at that time.

Hope that answers your questions. If not, ask away, but take a look at the ebay posting and read what is there first. Lots is listed there.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Fooshe
Racer

Thanks for the PM's. I am replying as fast as I can.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Fooshe
Racer

I found the build sheets I was given and went over them again. I was wrong about the cost of the build at the time I bought it being about $13,000. The total he had in just work on the car at the time was $16,700! And that does not include the donor car!

I see that everything was new...Montronic Brain Unit, Cam belt, roller and tensioner, balance shaft belt, roller and tensioner, 944 turbo oil cooler & thermostat, New pressure relief valve, slave cyl, all gaskets, clutch set, main bearing set, rod bearing set, intake and exhuast valves, turbo valve springs, water pump with guide plate, nut and connection hose, plugs, wires, Crankshaft (mic'd and polished), Connecting Rods (used, but rinsed, magnafluxed and polished) and Pistons (new), Momo Steering wheel, Steering wheel quick release, New Rotors, Brakes and Wink mirror, etc. He really did make sure the mechanical portion of the car was done well.

When I got the car, it was only really ready for HPDE's. I ended up installing the door bars, center net connector bar, 4 post electical cut off switch and ALL the safety equipment. I also had more items to remove so the car was closer the regulation weight (2600 lbs) and other random things that were just not necessary in a race car.

The more I think about it, this car would also make a great rental for a shop or race support group, too. In either case, someone is going to benefit from all the work done on this car and will get a hell of bargin!

Quick Reply: 1986 944 Spec car, HPDE or Track Car