Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 02:52 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Love mine, especially the integrated comm and fit.

2 issues with it though:

When visors get dirty, they are hard to clean. I have a solvent they recommended, but still doesn't do the job. The film on them wears out quick...I've had two visors so far.

The bottom gasket wears out also due to rubbing on the Hans. 2 of those also.

Small issues though I'll deal with to have the fit and quality of the helmet. Maybe they've addressed these two issues by now. The tight fit is one of the reasons why I did a single layer balaclava.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 09-12-2016, 05:55 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Carbon fibre Stilo here too.
Great helmet. First time I used it in the car I didn't notice anything particular about it at all, which means it's perfect.

Since I don't race I don't have all the fancy communication/ventilation/drinking systems on it though

And I love the carbon fibre look. Makes it stand out from the "white helmet" crowd without having to spend a load of money on a paint job.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:26 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I guess I'm the only one that hates my Stilo. Regret buying it. I modified the Ear muffs so I can hear without communicator on. Also rubs eyes when putting on & off. Now PCA changed their position on needing new helmets before 6/2016. SO- still using my Stand 21 2005. Larger eyeport doesn't really help with any glasses I own but my modification on ear pieces has helped. The hydration feature seemed annoying when trying to communicate with student. I removed it. It doesn't all come apart for washing like Stand 21 but are replaceable . oh well. more- I purchased other size cheek pads, and extra full communication set up to take apart and examine. Extra Ear pads replacements, and the piece that goes into helmet if you don't have the communicator to cut open and perhaps slip ear piece into. wasted alot of $$. Now all just sitting in a box.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:14 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just bought an st5 (non carbon). The fit is much tighter than my old (pos) helmet, which is good, but I will say that after a 2 hour enduro stint, the top of my head was hurting, so mine might fit too tight.

the other thing that is different and kind of unnerving is that the bottom of the helmet only comes to about midline of my chin. Every other helmet I've ever worn covers my chin by an inch or so.

anyone thing this just does not fit well for me? I did buy it locally from a store and tried on various sizes, it wasnt till im in the car for a lenth of time that I start noticing the differences.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:20 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Stilo crown pad

Stilo makes different thicknesses in the crown pads. Perhaps a thinner crown pad would help a little in getting the helmet to sit down on your head better. Your eyes will be about in line with the center of the eyeport opening if the helmet is the proper fit.

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 09-14-2016, 11:21 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Good to know. I'll look into that!

Quick Reply: Feedback: Stilo Helmets