Eastern Creek Supersprint. 3ltr 951 chasing a 2010 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 07:44 PM
JET951
Drifting

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Eastern Creek Supersprint. 3ltr 951 chasing a 2010 GT3

Hi Guys,
Thought i would share a recent clip from our Porsche Club supersprint round at Eastern Creek Raceway. Thanks to Patrick(333pg333) for allowing me to borrow his camera for a few sessions during the day. Also for uploading the session to his youtube account
Our car is a stock weight 951 at 1375kg(3025lbs) with a full tank of fuel, it is running a turbocharged 944 S2 engine (twin cam 16v 3.0ltr) with low compression pistons and a vitesse stage 5 at 1.25bar with E85. Also running 265/630/17 R100 hoosier slicks all round with Moton club sport shocks.
We had a great first shakdown of the new engine. looks like its going to have a lot of potential.
First lap out is a warm up and then we get into the action. i pick up the pace a little by the 3rd lap and catch the GT3 exiting turn 9. The Gt3 was a little bit modded with an aftermarket exhaust and Michelin Slicks
hope you guys enjoy it.
Sean
Old 08-29-2011, 09:03 PM
ukrbmw
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a cool track and fun run!

I gotta say - every time I watch track videos from Australia and Europe I am amazed at the beautiful pavement. You should see some of the crap we run on in US!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:20 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds sweeeet .......
Old 08-30-2011, 01:48 AM
JET951
Drifting

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ukrbmw
Looks like a cool track and fun run!

I gotta say - every time I watch track videos from Australia and Europe I am amazed at the beautiful pavement. You should see some of the crap we run on in US!
This would be our best track in Sydney, We use to have Oran Park but it was rough, and the facilities were very ordinary. Although i must say it was a challenging little track and quite fun. The other one is Bathurst but for the weekend racer it is only open once a year and does cost a bit to enter.

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Sounds sweeeet .......
It sounded much better in person, the GT3 in front of me absolutely howled. they have such an amazing sound up in the rev range.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:54 AM
MelanomaMan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the scenery! Do you guys run with your windows up? Noticed the GT3 with 'em up and wondered...
Old 08-30-2011, 10:19 AM
d15b7
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hi.

E85 is amazing fuel, especially considering it is only just over $3 a gallon here! i run it in my turbocharged Honda Civic; it performs better for me on E85 than it did on C16. many of the Time Attack (mostly big power turbo Japanese cars) run it over here; it kind of surprises me that very few P cars choose to run E85 (most especially considering all the turbo 944s and 911s running around).

the only real downsides i have encountered are reduced range (i use about 40% more fuel now) and having to drain the tank and idle the car with gasoline in it if it sits for a longer period (the injectors will gum up; happened to me once when i let it sit for 4 months). i had to upsize the fuel injectors and change the fuel pump when i made the switchover to E85, but i don't think i'll ever go back! (my engine is a K20A Acura engine; stock top to bottom; compression ratio is 11:1. no intercooler, but running my own design water injection spray. i run 10 psi boost and the car makes 303whp).

Todd
ReidSpeed
Old 08-31-2011, 08:58 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by MelanomaMan
Love the scenery! Do you guys run with your windows up? Noticed the GT3 with 'em up and wondered...
Generally run with windows down here too. The video doesn't show how much some of the corners are off camber which makes things a little more interesting and difficult. The rear engine cars seem to have a real advantage out of slow corners naturally enough. However we pickup going into and through faster corners.

What JET forgot to mention is that his car is a full street daily driver with leather interior, a/c, p/s, music, stock rubber bushings, no cage etc...the GT3 had full cage and definitely more of a race sounding motor than stock. Good fun to keep such a wonderful modern track car honest with something built in the 1980's!

Quick Reply: Eastern Creek Supersprint. 3ltr 951 chasing a 2010 GT3