Sponsored by:

TREMBLANT TRACK CAR RENTAL?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 03:06 PM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 65 Posts
Default TREMBLANT TRACK CAR RENTAL?

Biz takes me to Montreal next month. Anyone know of any track cars available for rental in the Montreal / Ottawa area? Thanks!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Rob996
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check with Rennsport. It's the local PCA chapter. Someone may have a car for rent, or know someone with one.

The chief instructor is Bob Rouleau, who will certainly know who if this is possible.
Good luck, I was at Tremblant last weekend for a awesome DE.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

For a 944
http://www.groupeurosport.com/services/location-rental
You could also try
http://www.speedmerchants.com/
Old 08-22-2011, 11:28 PM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rob996
......The chief instructor is Bob Rouleau, who will certainly know who if this is possible.
Good luck, I was at Tremblant last weekend for a awesome DE.
Thanks! My first email was to Bob (he is registrar for the September DE...) I hope to experience an "awesome DE" for myself.....

Originally Posted by Mike K.
Thanks, will contact. Race car with full support can be kind of spendy for a DE. On the left coast, I have enjoyed SM or S2000 at reasonable cost, nice BMW Z3 at Autobahn through Team Stradale. I just hope I will not be flogging the Prius I pick up at the airport.....

Old 08-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, you won't be flogging a Prius at a Rennsport event . There is an Audi Club event at the end of the month at Tremblant if you want to drive something other then a Porsche. Group Eurosport might rent you a car for a DE without the track support. Give Michel a call and ask. Speedmerchants is based at Calabogie and has a few Cup cars in their inventory and possibly other less track oriented vehicles.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Out of about 130 cars at the last Rennsport event this past weekend 40 were of the GT3 variety. 40!
Old 08-23-2011, 01:29 PM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike K.
Well, you won't be flogging a Prius at a Rennsport event . There is an Audi Club event at the end of the month at Tremblant if you want to drive something other then a Porsche. Group Eurosport might rent you a car for a DE without the track support. Give Michel a call and ask. Speedmerchants is based at Calabogie and has a few Cup cars in their inventory and possibly other less track oriented vehicles.
Got a note back from Bob - indeed, he indicated that Rennsport has high standards - only P-cars need apply. Speedmerchants came highly recommended, but do not have a car available on my potential track date. Will chase Eurosport next....
Old 08-24-2011, 07:48 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by facelvega
Got a note back from Bob - indeed, he indicated that Rennsport has high standards - only P-cars need apply. Speedmerchants came highly recommended, but do not have a car available on my potential track date. Will chase Eurosport next....
Calabogie Motorsports Park, just outside Ottawa has a fleet of track prepped Mustangs that they rent for their CMP Lapping days
CMP web site
Email track manager: Jane Blinn She can hook you up! They even have evening lapping!!

Old 08-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Contact Andrew at WeTune.
He rents out a Stohr for great prices...

Quick Reply: TREMBLANT TRACK CAR RENTAL?